Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Gerneral BSOD questions - How to read a bluescreen dump file, etc.

This is a discussion on Gerneral BSOD questions - How to read a bluescreen dump file, etc. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows Vista Home Premium: 1. How do you keep the bluescreen error frozen in order to record the information? 2.

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Windows Vista Home Premium:

1. How do you keep the bluescreen error frozen in order to record the information?

2. Is there a way to capture info regarding a bluescreen after-the-fact that is different from the dump file?

3. Where are the dump files saved and how do I read them?

4. Is there a seperate report file that displays what the bluescreen error displays or is that some component of a dump file?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 03:59 AM   #2
Registered Member

WhoCrashed is useful to have.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to I run Mods with a game purchased on Steam?
I'm having trouble running mods with my Steam version of Act of War: High Treason. Whenever I install/run a mod, the game will run but the mod will not. I've noticed that the mods are located in a different directory in the Start menu, so this may have something to do with it - ex. for AoW HT...
GuitarZeroZ312 PC Gaming Support 4 03-14-2012 08:02 AM
Hello To the Community
Hello all...been seeing this site for a few weeks finally decided to join..glad to be here.
S.h.a.d.y Introductions 9 03-13-2012 05:13 AM
[SOLVED] power supply to mother board help
hello everyone, new to the site and hopefully someone on here can help me out. i have a gateway dx4822-01 model desktop and blew the power supply. i ordered a replacement power supply but cant remember what wires go where or even what wires i would be using. i tried gateway and didnt get...
carofchoice RAM and Power Supply Support 19 03-11-2012 02:08 PM
[SOLVED] Outlook Express: VERY slow to open or, worse, does NOT open up at all
Hi: XP/Outlook Express Recently, Outlook Express opening up VERY slow, even worse, it does NOT open up at all. :frown: However, if I close and restart XP all over again, OE opens up as usual, not slow. This happens so often that it's very frustrating and puzzling me so much. My...
Snowflake10 Windows XP Support 8 03-11-2012 11:37 AM
[SOLVED] Two Vertical Lines on LG T.V Problem...How to Fix?
Just as the title says, my 40 inch LG T.V has two gray vertical lines down either sides of the screen. It now makes my 40 inch TV look like a 30 inch :P Do dose anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks
Shotgun4 Home Theater 3 03-11-2012 03:56 AM