User Tag List

frozen hdd

This is a discussion on frozen hdd within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hi could anyone tell me how to unfreeze a hdd drive on my laptop because its driving me bonkers?

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

hi could anyone tell me how to unfreeze a hdd drive on my laptop because its driving me bonkers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi in order for folks to help you can you give some more info regarding your issue and include the make and model of your laptop please also include any steps you have taken to try to rectify it

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow startup / hdd missing
So my pc is acting very weird. First of, my hdd keeps dissapearing. My hdd is only used for storage of downloaded files. It is not the boot drive. Sometimes when i download files, the hdd will suddenly disappear. For no reason. It seems like the hdd only disappear when its being used. I dont...
leverpostei Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 07-02-2011 04:58 AM
Trying to install upgrade verson of WinXP on Fresh HDD
I'm trying to replace a 4gig HDD that has Win98 on it with a fresh 40gig HDD. I want to install my upgrade version of WinXP on the new 40gig HDD. Of course when I tried to install the upgrade version of WinXP on the freshly formatted HDD, the WinXP install said it could not install WinXP because...
AceMcHammer Windows XP Support 2 06-21-2011 09:44 AM
cant access info on external hdd
Hi, i have an external hdd which i use for my xbox 360 and is in FAT32. it is 1tb and the brand is iomega. so yesterday, i plugged it into my 360 and it didnt recognize the hdd. after several attempts i plugged my hdd into my pc to see if it was ok. the pop up- didnt appear so i looked in my...
khornedaemon Hard Drive Support 5 02-17-2011 11:08 AM
External HDD stopped working
Hello, When I started my laptop yesterday and wanted to listen to some music, which is stored on my external HDD, it asked me to reformat the HDD. I didn't want to reformat the HDD so I went looking around google for a few hours and tried out all the solutions I could find. I first saw...
unknown666 Hard Drive Support 4 01-25-2011 12:29 PM
Hdd dead or yet ?
PLEASE take some time to read the following. It took me alot of time to write it so I can describe everything that happened in detail so u would not need to know anything more and hopefully will be able to help me :( What happened: Couple of years ago I was carrying my laptop when I...
Metalloid Hard Drive Support 10 01-23-2011 09:28 AM