Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Freezing with OS not found

This is a discussion on Freezing with OS not found within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I have a sony viao vgn nw350f laptop. It freezes periodically when playing videos or games but the sound

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello I have a sony viao vgn nw350f laptop. It freezes periodically when playing videos or games but the sound will still go but slowly; ie: it will "drag" on. Also when I turn off my computer it will say OS not found and I will have to restart a couple times before it boots. This problem has been going on for over a month now

I have tried:

HDD Diagnostic tool
Reset Bios to default
Download Sony display and HDD drivers
Download Intel display driver (because Sony was not updated since 2008)
Scanned system with Microsoft Security Essentials
Restored OS to factory default (recovery partition?)

Could it be a registry error? I used CCleaner and now I'm thinking it may be that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Did you use CCleaners registry cleaner before this issue presented it's self?
What games are you playing? This could be an resources issue RAM cpu or over heating issue. Average laptops are not meant for gaming. What is the resolution and format of the videos are they streaming videos from the internet or are they files from your laptop?

Your Graphihcs may not be compatiable with the games. Laptops use shared memory (Main Phyiscal RAM) to drive the graphics.

Laptop graphics controllers — Game playability on Microsoft Windows Vista*

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer_24 View Post
Did you use CCleaners registry cleaner before this issue presented it's self?
What games are you playing? This could be an resources issue RAM cpu or over heating issue. Average laptops are not meant for gaming. What is the resolution and format of the videos are they streaming videos from the internet or are they files from your laptop?

Your Graphihcs may not be compatiable with the games. Laptops use shared memory (Main Phyiscal RAM) to drive the graphics.

Laptop graphics controllers — Game playability on Microsoft Windows Vista*

I could be wrong but I think it was around the same time I used ccleaner, actually the OS not found was before and the freezing around the time I used CCleaner.

I am playing Starcraft 2 and haven't had problems before plus my laptop meets minimum specs with the lowest graphics setting, and the videos are mostly youtube.

I also tried a memtest 64+ today and nothing came up
Closed Thread