User Tag List

Factory reset

This is a discussion on Factory reset within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm having issues with a MSI CR 600 with windows 7, I saved all my photos and files that I

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm having issues with a MSI CR 600 with windows 7, I saved all my photos and files that I wanted to keep. I then proceeded to do a factory reset and the counter is still counting at just over 600 minutes. I don't have a boot disk for it, I'm just wondering if it normally takes this long or longer? Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1400.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	265218  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2015, 04:03 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

The Recovery Partition might be corrupted. You can cancel and try a factory reset again. If it continues, you will need a Windows disc to fix.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:46 AM   #3
Registered Member

How do you cancel it? Do I just turn off the computer? I don't see a cancel option anywhere on the screen and no cancel button on the keyboard. I tried hitting the Esc button but nothing happened. Please advise. And thanks for the help. Its still counting the minutes, 1360 minutes now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2015, 01:25 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Yes, just hold the power button until the computer shuts off.
On another computer, you can download the ISO image for Seatools in my signature, burn the image to CD using IMGBurn or to a USB Flash with SeaFlash, also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created Media and run the Short and Long Diagnostic tests on the HDD. If either test fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.
If it passes both tests, then try the Factory Reset again.
Old 12-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

One thing you could try first is to see what's in your Recovery Partition. I've seen people who have placed files there by mistake or whatever and that could interfere with recovery. If so, try deleting the junk and then run the reset again.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread