User Tag List

.exe won't run.

This is a discussion on .exe won't run. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. So basically, I tried out this s**tware called "Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager". Worst decision

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 03:42 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.
So basically, I tried out this s**tware called "Yamicsoft Windows 7 Manager".

Worst decision of my life. I'm so stupid for even downloading it. I never install stuff I never heard of but this thing had an IP switcher which really helped for personal reasons.

Anyways,

I tried out their "block program" feature. And I disabled one of my programs that I use from day to day bases. I tried re-enabling it, it say it would but in reality it wouldn't.

I Revo Uninstalled that piece of crap and CCleaned the registries.

The only way I can .exe is from renaming it but then the .exe itself detects that and tells me to rename it to the original name.

My question is, is their anyway from "unblocking" the .exe from running without needing to rename? Maybe a command line? I tried looking through my AV and firewall and they don't show up on the list.

P.S. Basically, This whole paragraph in a nutshell, If I try double clicking on it, nothing happens but when I rename it, the .exe starts.

P.S.S. if there's another forum I could ask for help in, please do recommend (don't self promote)
P.S.S.S. I tried reinstalling the .exe and didn't help.

P.S.S.S.S. I tried enabling full control over the .exe and still nothing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

It doesn't sound like anything I would use but it does sound like it "goes" everytwhere and once installed could be a "bear" to remove. Have you tried System restore to before you installed it? That would be my first thought.
And if you used ccleaner on the registry and cannot restore that you may have to reinstall Windows as I have never successfully repaired damage from a reg cleaner and they should never be used for any reason at all.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

My restore points don't get back enough to fix the issue. The most I get is the day I uninstalled the crap :(

Reinstall? Man, Don't say that to me, Thats depressing! There must be a way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djlatino View Post
My restore points don't get back enough to fix the issue. The most I get is the day I uninstalled the crap :(

Reinstall? Man, Don't say that to me, Thats depressing! There must be a way!
Sorry but it is actually quicker to reinstall Windows once a reg cleaner has been used than any other remedy I know of.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
Registered Member

OMG I found the blacklist on the Yamicsoftcrap. All the programs that wouldn't run were in there! Thanks anyways guys for the help!
Closed Thread