Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Exclamation mark on start up

This is a discussion on Exclamation mark on start up within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I was playing on my computer that I built 6 years ago, when it went into a random blue screen.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
Registered Member

I was playing on my computer that I built 6 years ago, when it went into a random blue screen. The first time i started it up after the blue screen the normal black boot up screen was covered with equal signs, but all other screens were normal, as in asus motherboard screen/windows startup. However when i load into windows it was stuck on a 800x600 resolution. I reset the computer and then the equal signs were Exclamation marks, any ideas to what might cause this?
I have a Asus p6t mb and a 9800 gtx+ graphics card
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi and welcome to TSF try reinstalling the graphics driver

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

As Joe said reinstall nVidia driver: Drivers | GeForce
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] ''Unable to start - start up repair''
Hello, i downloaded Comodo CIS yesterday (after uninstalling Avira) with no problems, but this morning my Acer One d270 was unable to start giving a black screen, and i clicked enter on the option to use ''Start up repair'', which only seemed to show the following ; ''Unspecified change to...
acenodriver BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 12-20-2012 08:55 AM
SMART Virus
My wifes laptop is infected with the SMART HD virus which comes with a million popups. Would appreciate your help cleaning it up. DDS and zip attached. Thanks in Advance!
onemorerep Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-02-2012 06:07 PM
Avast says 'it blocked a malicious URL, but??
Hi. Thank you in advance for all your help. I had not used my Acer laptop for a month, and I guess my Avast was not up to date. I had visited my usual sites (crateand barrel, cb2, westelm, bank, hotmail etc), and this morning it took forever to get the computer going and then it said 'Avast...
Ayayay Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 06-02-2012 05:41 AM
Virus/Trojan/spyware
I keep getting popups telling me to scan my computer, it's infected with trojans and malware. I didn't click on anything but I really don't know how long this has been happing because my grandaughter and husband use the computer everyday. My husband told me he was getting pop ups and that we needed...
kmel2u Resolved HJT Threads 29 12-18-2011 09:23 PM
Win 7 Home Security 2012 virus
I can't remove this virus no matter what I do. It displays as "Win 7 Home Security 2012". I've looked at the other posts that have resolved this problem, but nothing has worked for me nor help from other sites on the net. I've tried Malware Bytes, done a system restore, and scanned with my...
Psychotron Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 3 12-05-2011 12:20 PM