Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Event 4101, Display - Display driver igfx stopped responding

This is a discussion on Event 4101, Display - Display driver igfx stopped responding within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an HP dc7900 at work and the system keeps getting the error "Display driver igfx stopped responding and

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an HP dc7900 at work and the system keeps getting the error "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered". First the user is not playing game and I have updated the video drivers. I also ran DXDIAG.exe and I have looked at the report and I don't see anything abnormal.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this error Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered keeps occurring ??
Attached Files
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (44.6 KB, 64 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 AM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Hello,

Try uninstalling the current driver completely and re-install the driver from the HP Support site.

Perform the following steps:
-Download Trexxy Driver Fusion from Driver Fusion - The Complete Driver Solution and install it. Don't run the program yet
- First, Uninstall the Intel Graphics driver/software from Control Panel > Uninstall a program and restart
-Now run Driver Fusion, select Intel Display and then select Delete
-After complete restart the PC then install the latest release of the Graphics driver from the HP Support site.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
0X000000F4
Hello- Randomly my HP Pavilion running XP crashes with: 0X000000F4 0X000000003 0X8ACC9298 .... Any Clues- I ran all hardware tests with no issues. Thanks, Jeff
jfuchs10 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 9 08-15-2012 07:52 AM
[SOLVED] GTX 680 blackscreen
Hi I've just built this comp and keep getting this every few minutes. Is it a faulty card or MB as I've tried a newer version of drivers. This card worked fine on my other MB and has only just started doing it since the new build. Comp is: W7 ultimate MB = Asrock X79 Extreme 9 CPU = I7...
reallyxxxxloud Video Card Support 7 07-29-2012 05:20 AM
[SOLVED] Print Spooler Won't Keep Running
Hi all. I was having trouble with my printer a while back and finally figured out that this was due to the print spooler not running. Well, I went into services and set it to "automatically" run (it was on "manual"). It will work for like a day (even if I shut-down and restart), but then it...
cpu1 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 73 09-01-2011 03:45 PM
Windows 7 freezes at startup (HiJack This Log)
Out of the blue my Windows 7 x64 laptop started having problems. Every time I boot it will get to the desktop and LOOK fine, but if I try to open anything it is completely unresponsive. Eventually it will notify me that Windows is not responding and offer to restart or wait. If I restart the...
slhaas Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 08-01-2011 12:29 PM
Request for assistance cleaning up/out virus & bad image errors
Hi there. With the hope someone may be able to navigate me through a fix to restore this laptop to its pre "Windows XP Recovery" virus state, and the further hope I've not frustrated the solution process going too far ahead solo, here goes... My laptop is a newer Dell running Windows XP (I...
dagtagit Resolved HJT Threads 74 06-14-2011 05:40 PM