Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Error 1721 - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package [Java]

This is a discussion on Error 1721 - There is a problem with this Windows Installer package [Java] within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! I've been trying to install Java for quite some time, but everytime I try to do so, when the

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #1
Registered Member

Mistake

Hello! I've been trying to install Java for quite some time, but everytime I try to do so, when the installation is near the end, the following error always pops up:

Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I have no clue what to do.
Help please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Here are a couple of links to download the Windows Installer which should fix your broken one.

The first is for Vista SP1 and the second says it's for a 32bit version, they're the only links I could find, but have a read through them first before you choose (if any) to install.

Download Windows Installer 4.5 Windows Drivers - Software Patch.

Microsoft Windows Installer - Download
Old 06-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Found this MS link which should be more reliable Windows Installer 4.5 is available
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #4
Registered Member

Hello! Thank you for your help.
I checked the last link you sent me and after reading through it, I saw that it only contains the Windows Installer for SP1, and not for SP2.
Is there a Vista SP2 version of the Windows Installer Service that I can download and install? Or do you know any other way of fixing this?

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #5
Registered Member

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows XP PC unable to access internet or copy files
Hi - I have a Dell slimline PC running Windows XP that is slowly losing all functionality. I cannot load IE, Chrome has a message ERR 138 (Access Denied). I am unable to copy files from a USB stick and cannot remove certain programs (er McAfee) using the Add / Remove program utility. :facepalm: ...
NDWales Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 54 07-15-2012 03:19 PM
IE7 cannot connect with secure sites
Hi...my problem with IE7 may well be part of a bigger problem. However at the moment every time I try to connect with microsoft.com or other M/soft sites I get the message "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". The same applies with any site resembling anti virus s/ware or other...
raringer Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 6 05-21-2012 11:27 AM
"System Fix" virus hijacked computer
Hello, I’ve got a computer infected with the “System Fix” Virus. I believe the OS is Windows XP Professional. Searching the Tech Support Forum lead me to this thread: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/im-in-trouble-614906.html Since that thread is getting quite long, I figured...
SilentJim Resolved HJT Threads 48 12-02-2011 08:10 AM
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 08:22 PM
After closing previous thread my problems continue
Hi there. After lots of great help from CatByte all the memory I had lost was returned and it looked like my problems were solved. However I've noticed that the memory I got back has been going down at the same rate as before (see link to thread below). It also takes a long time to shut down with...
Oberjeen Resolved HJT Threads 7 03-19-2011 03:48 PM