Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Dual Screen Display

This is a discussion on Dual Screen Display within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Please forgive me if this is not the correct place as I am new to this forum. I have an

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 03:36 AM   #1
Registered Member

Please forgive me if this is not the correct place as I am new to this forum. I have an HP Computer with two HP monitors. One monitor is connected from the PC via VGA. So VGA from PC to VGA ON Monitor. I bought a second monitor and I have a DVI from the first monitor to DVI on the second monitor. The first monitor is a HPL1950G and the Second Monitor is a HP Compaq LA1951G. My question is can I run dual screens the way this setup is? If so how? I can not figure out how to do so. Maybe their is not a way. Any help is appreciated. Their is only one VGA port on the back of the computer.

Q
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2016, 07:06 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

You cannot connect a DVI from Monitor One to the DVI on Monitor Two, that isn't how it works.

Both the DVI and VGA need to be connected to the computer itself. If you only have on VGA connector, then you can only have one monitor. If you have two VGA's then you'll need an adapter to go to DVI.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi if you only have one video port on computer you will most likely need add a video card. Unless you just want both screens to show same thing.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is the Alienware M18x screen a TN panel or an IPS panel display?
I'm looking for a laptop with a similar screen to my old Alienware M18x. I'm looking at the specs for the screen and I'm getting descriptions like these: Full HD WLED LCD 1080p Full HD WLED LCD display WideFHD (1920x1080) WLED WLED WideFHD
StevenMal Laptop Support 6 05-29-2015 02:11 PM
G73SW screen replacement - black screen through BIOS and outside of NVidia drivers.
Hello all. I recently irreparably damaged the display for my G73SW-3DE. For information, it uses a 120Hz LED 3D 1920x1080 display through an NVidia GTX460M. The first replacement I ordered had a mistake on the sellers' side, it was the same screen model but part of the code on the back...
sykesg73 Laptop Support 2 12-01-2014 08:23 AM
Display screen locked out by software issue
While uninstalling some (what I believed to be) unnecessary programs, I noticed upon a restart that I had lost the NVIDIA audio control center icon from among my startup program icons on the taskbar. Not really knowing what I was doing, I inadvertently and carelessly installed an NVIDIA driver...
hhannam Windows XP Support 9 04-09-2013 09:00 PM
Laptop Display Issue Blue Screen [moved from Vista/7]
Hello Folks, Trying to fix my friends laptop but running into a weird issue. Using Windows Vista Home Premium Graphics Card is Standard Intel 945 When booting windows normally I get a solid blue screen (not BSOD) after the login screen. Boots into safemode normally. Clean for...
Bluntage BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 0 02-09-2011 11:00 PM