Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Dropped my laptop recently....

This is a discussion on Dropped my laptop recently.... within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Signs of dropping appears to be internet disconnection sometimes, and sometimes the first letter that I type will be a

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Signs of dropping appears to be internet disconnection sometimes, and sometimes the first letter that I type will be a number.

Is this something I should be concerned with? Something that will be a big problem in the future?

I dropped it right on the power line on the side of my laptop so when I plug in the power line it's kind of slanted in a way, if that makes sense but it still works great. I'm just kind of scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi,

sounds like you might have a loose cable to keyboard and possibly the antenna came loose. and for the dc socket i would have that replaced as it will probably fail on you sometime. i would bring it in to be serviced unless its not under warranty and your comfortable with taking it apart to check things out.

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

I can get the bottom open and see the fan and all the wires. I'm not sure what is what, but how can I tell if a cable is loose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

you disconnected them and put them back in. whats the make and model of laptop?

Old 08-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
Registered Member

Disconnect what wires? I'm kind of scared to because I don't know which wires to disconnect.

Mines is a ASUS K50I Notebook PC. I think that's what you're asking for.
Old 08-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

if your not sure what your doing i would bring it in to a service center. here a guide might not be an exact match to yours but should give you idea.

How to disassemble Asus K series notebook >> Inside my laptop

Closed Thread