Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Do I have this BSOD?

This is a discussion on Do I have this BSOD? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok I have a problem with my PC, could use some help: (I'm running windows 7 operating system and my

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Ok I have a problem with my PC, could use some help:

(I'm running windows 7 operating system and my PC is 18 months old)

The other day I had a power outage and my PC was on, when the power came back I turned my PC back on, it loads up like normal but when I get to the enter password screen, all I get is a blank black screen. I can however enter my password and press enter, but instead of loading my desktop all it loads is the screensaver and nothing else.

Right now the only way to access my PC is to pull the plug out while it's on and turn it back on in safe mode.

Anyone got any idea's what the problem here is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Sounds like the profile has been corrupted. You'll need to boot to safe mode and create a new profile.

Fix a corrupted user profile

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD 0xF4 with no dump file
Starting today, I'm getting a BSOD running Windows 7. I have made no changes to drivers/hardware, etc. for months. I was on the computer for a few hours today, then I got the BSOD. It doesn't all of the sudden go to BSOD, it will lock up, while still having mouse movement, then sometimes come...
Josh29 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 8 12-20-2011 07:22 PM
BSOD and a System Upgrade question (Moved from MS Support)
Yesterday I had 1 bsod and then also a screen freeze with me doing a hard restart. This happened during the time I was changing my drivers for 4870. I'm assuming the bsod was caused because of the driver change. Since then it seems to be running fine, with no more freezes or bsod. Now i just...
nickskip Motherboards, Bios & CPU 2 05-05-2011 06:52 AM
Windows Live Messenger recurring BSOD 0x77 or 0x7A Problem [moved from BSOD, Crashes]
Hello, A very strange and quite permanent problem with using Windows Live Messenger has occured recently. When I log on, I can use it like normal for 5 minutes or so, then the whole computer starts freezing up (While Alt-Tab command still works). Then the mouse input is disabled. Then I get a...
dppp Windows XP Support 5 03-09-2011 09:01 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD when connecting to a wifi network
- OS: Win7 Home Premium x64 - the original installed OS on the system? Yes - an OEM or full retail version? It was OEM, then I reinstalled with a version downloaded from the internet (I have the serial key) - What is the age of system (hardware)? 2 months - What is the age of OS installation...
Time Pink BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 3 03-08-2011 06:09 PM