Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Disabling on board sound win 7 64 bit

This is a discussion on Disabling on board sound win 7 64 bit within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Can someone please guide me thru' this procedure? I know as far as "press Del key on start up" &

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Can someone please guide me thru' this procedure? I know as far as "press Del key on start up" & look for "on board sound" then disable, but would feel happier with a step by step guide.
Regards,
Mockerkin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 01:22 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

You would boot into Setup (Bios) at bootup you should see a message to press a certain key to enter Setup, for many that is the Del key. Once in the Bios, look for Onboard Audio, using your Arrow key, choose to Disable it. If you cannot find it. then Boot the computer and go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. In the Device Manager open the Sound, Video and Game Controller highlight the Audio Controller, Right click it and choose Disable
Old 04-17-2011, 03:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you, that gives me more confidence.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<<MOVED>> HDMI messed up sound channels on PC games
Hi all! This looked like a very helpful forum which is what I am exactly looking for atm. I just got a new Sony 5.1 Home Theater system(Sony HTSS370) for my Sony 40' Bravia HDTV so I can enjoy my games on my laptop in full 1080p HD and also 5.1 surround sound. My laptop is connected to my HT ...
Spider-Abu Laptop Support 18 04-02-2011 02:25 PM
Can I install a 64 bit Win 7 hd in a 32 bit laptop?
I have a bad GPU in a HP laptop running Win 7 64 bit and my son has a good Dell laptop running Win 7 32 bit. I want to install my HD into his laptop so I can copy all my files using a laplink cable to my desktop. Will this work?
geno368 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 03-27-2011 01:53 PM
Sound issues on my Win Vista
Hi, I was wondering if someone could perhaps assist me in fixing the sound problems I'm experiencing on my Windows Vista. What has happened lately is sound will play normally for a few days and then one moment I get on the computer (reboot), and the sound is a bit choppy when I hear the sounds at...
guitarechoes76 Sound Cards 1 03-04-2011 12:06 AM
How to erase pagefile at shutdown: Win 7 64 bit
I want to be able to erase the pagefile when I shutdown my Win7 64 bit system. All the instructions I can find tell me to do this by editing the relevant group policy. There is no group policy editor in the Home edition of Win 7, so how do I acheive what I want to do? I have a dual boot system,...
XEyedBear Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 02-22-2011 02:40 PM
Automatic logoff at Login in Win 2003 server 64 bit Standard Edition
I have a Windows 2003 Server 64 bit Standard Edition on a Intel Core 2 Quad with 4 GB RAM. When i try to logon into the system it automatically logs off. So i am not able to login at all into the system currently. I have Win 2003 Server 64 bit Standard Edition CD and i tried the Recovery...
buddy2434 Windows Servers 8 02-11-2011 06:41 AM