Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

detecting devices

This is a discussion on detecting devices within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey out there, I have tried everything from: microsoft support, forums, etc. but I cannot get my pc to detect

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 04:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

EEK!

Hey out there, I have tried everything from: microsoft support, forums, etc. but I cannot get my pc to detect my devices & names except for multi-printer, mouse, computer, keyboard, and a generic external hard drive without a (drive letter?) in the devices and printers catagory. When I hit computer catagory after start, it only shows: local disc (C:), and removable disc device, which is my desktop computer's internal DVD/CD player. HELP! Now more politely, I would love your help..

Thank you so much for your reply!!

I'm an oldie but a relatively computernewbe......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 06:20 AM   #2
Enthusiast

Have a look in Device Manager. If you see one or more yellow question-marks in the device list it means you need to install the drivers for the devices which currently don't work. The drivers can be downloaded from your PC or laptop maker's website if they support Windows 7 on your particular model.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you so much Pip22, but didn't work! No question marks on the items in the device List.under Disc drives shows my printer correctly and 4 generic storage device usb device, four times, and names one of storage devices name with location 0, channel 0, target 0, lun 0. says devise is working properly. Then suggests to write-caching policy. Under portable devices has: :\ for E,G,H,I,J & K. All very confusing to Me! Make any sense to You? Thank you if you should want to reply. Gratefully yours, Computernewbe
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Xp slow boot after splash screen
After the Windows Xp splash screen I get about 30 to 40 seconds of blackness (could be more) before the cursor appears. When I start in Safe Mode it takes a long time to load mup.sys but that could just be because it's the last one to load. Here's by most recent ntbtlog.txt: Service...
Sulla Windows XP Support 5 06-17-2013 10:29 AM
DirectX Features are not available
Hello. Whenever I want to play any games. This Error Pops up "Could not load direct3d" and "D3D_Create: CreateDevice() failed". I checked on my DxDiag and it came out with this: ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 10/26/2011, 18:19:38 ...
tenekei Video Card Support 4 10-26-2011 06:31 PM
Windows 7 refuses to see bluetooth devices
My machine running windows 7 will no longer see any bluetooth devices. Prior, it had a Microsoft bluetooth mouse 5000 connected, and had a generic bluetooth driver. I attempted to add a bluetooth device, but it would not see any of the devices I tried to add (headphones, earpiece, phone). Removed...
whosdadog Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 09-16-2011 12:55 AM
HP Compaq NC6230 chipset problem
hello, i have a problem with my HP compaq NC6230 notebook. i`m trying to fix it since a week, i`m going to describe what i actually did: 1 it did`nt want to work with the HDD (i think its got a very picky motherboard) and its always showed an error message "1782-disk controller failure" and...
Zs0lt Motherboards, Bios & CPU 7 07-18-2011 02:02 PM
[System] Slows down to 13%-20% semi randomly.
Hello this is my first time posting on this forum. Problem: I'll run a program such as Stress Tests or CS:S and roughly within 15 minutes (give or take) I start to stutter and soon as I close the program CS:S I'll look at my processes and notice that system nt kernel is saying anywhere from...
X Myth BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 40 03-28-2011 01:53 AM