Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Dell inspiron 1525 w/ Vista

This is a discussion on Dell inspiron 1525 w/ Vista within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with vista and whenever I turn it on the dell logo shows up

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with vista and whenever I turn it on the dell logo shows up and then it turns into a black screen with a flickering white line in the top left corner. Also can not click F8 to restart my computer from an earlier date or use safe mode. The only F keys that work are F2 for setup and F12 for boot menu and control alt delete only resets the computer to the black screen. Please help me fix my computer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Do you have a vista install disc? If you do you can try the startup repair.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Registered Member

Is my question in the Open Forum, and no i do not have the disc is there any other way to fix this problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

A setup or boot disc is needed to get to the recovery options. If you're able to borrow one that would work as well.

If you know someone who has vista you can create a recovery disc and use that.

Sometimes there's an option in the boot menu to go to a recovery mode but that may only allow you to restore a factory image which isn't going to help here.

If you have any usb devices plugged in, remove them and try booting again.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks, i tried unplugging my 2 usb's from the computer but still nothing, im not sure if u have the disk so can you tell me how to create a recovery disk from someone else's vista or if there is a way to do it without the disk.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Create a Recovery Disc - Vista Forums

Be sure to create a backup or rename any files that may need to be overwritten during the process.

Closed Thread