Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Delete OS Dualboot To Unallocated Space

This is a discussion on Delete OS Dualboot To Unallocated Space within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello mate..im new here.....!!I recently got a problem with my computer ...!my (windows vista) did not work properly ...! without

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello mate..im new here.....!!I recently got a problem with my computer ...!my (windows vista) did not work properly ...! without the knowledge I have intall windows seven and make dualboot ....!!
but I did not create the partition first...!
so I installed (windows seven) on drive D..!!
after a while when booting process can no longer be dualboot because my computer has been hacked by hackers ..!
now I want to install windows seven as dualboot back to create partiton first ..!
because on disk management does not have a visible (unallocated) space ...!both drive C and D is determine actived..!!
how I wanted to create a new partition ...!
is it safe if I delete windows seven file on drive D..!
or how do I just (unallocated) space to create a new partition to install windows seven dualboot again..!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

OK, do you need to keep Vista and then delete Windows 7 and reinstall on the D: partition? Or would you like to Delete all old partitions and just have 1 Window 7 partition C: ?
If you no longer use Vista, then I suggest you boot off of the Windows 7 DVD and do a Clean install. Clean Install Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums Deleting all partitions (look at the tip at step 8) , and creating one new partition and install Windows 7 on it.
Or You can also boot off of the disc following the links instructions, and just Delete the D: partition if you still want Vista in a dual boot.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Babylon Toolbar and Translator
Ok here's my problem. Somehow in my past browsing sessions and searches, the Babylon Internet System got into my computer. I previously had these browsers installed on my computer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. What is happening on Chrome and Firefox is that whenever I open...
WimDog General Computer Security 10 08-20-2012 05:25 AM
[SOLVED] Unallocated vs. free space - what's the difference?
A number of years ago I used a program called 98lite, a program that was added to win 98 that deleted unnecessary files and made it really stable and fast. LitePC Technologies They have a program for winxp also but it is not free. Has anyone used this? If so, what was the response?
pengyou Windows XP Support 3 03-06-2011 03:13 AM
Low Disk Space On My Comp
'Sup everyone! Shout-outs to the staff and frequent contributors to TechSupport Forum. Without any of you, this forum is not resourceful. Okay! Here we go... This is a follow-up thread to a previous "low disk space" issue I had months ago. There isn't really a need to view, but here it is: ...
Bounce Windows XP Support 2 03-02-2011 05:59 PM
[SOLVED] Win 7: should i delete or format during install? :S
Hi, im at the win7 custom options screen during installation. Iv clicked advanced or something, and my drives are shown as followed: Disk 0 - partition 1 - 232mb total space - 163mb free space Disk 0 - unpartitioned space - 9mb, 9mb Disk 1 - partition 1 - 283 total space - 102 free space...
ant9985 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 6 01-22-2011 04:22 AM
OTL Tutorial
Written by emeraldnzl and reposted here with permission and thanks. Introduction Regularly check your canned. Make sure it is up to date with changes (this tool is updated frequently) and that you have the correct download link. The correct ones for the latest version at time of writing are...
tetonbob The Annex 4 06-07-2010 08:29 AM