Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Darik's Boot And Nuke (Questions)

This is a discussion on Darik's Boot And Nuke (Questions) within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, I have just burned Darik's Boot And Nuke on a CD-R, and I was just wondering what will it

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey, I have just burned Darik's Boot And Nuke on a CD-R, and I was just wondering what will it exactly do? My goal is to have anything/everything completely deleted. Is there an option that I can select that will do the same process all at once, to every drive I have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
ROG Enthusiast

OS: Windows 8 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2008

My System

Hey Lastkings,

DBAN can Securely delete data from hard drives on your computer yes, Depending on what option you choose will depend how many times it will "pass" over your hard drive. I advise you dont use the Guttman method as this involves 35 passes and will take a very very long time.

When you boot into DBAN it wont start automaticly, But you can just type in "autonuke" and it will automate the steps for you. This video explains all:

How To Delete and Wipe Your Data Securely With DBAN - YouTube

Hope this helps,
Alt
Old 07-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

But, won't the Guttman method work more effectively?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #4
Registered Member

My System

Yes the Guttman method will work more effectively. I hope you have several days to dedicate to this, as that is how long it could possibly tie up your computer. Unless you are afraid the CIA, or MI6 or some other government agency is going to be looking at your HDD one pass with DBAN will overwrite all data on the drive with 0, 1's making it unreadable to the majority of the public.
Closed Thread