Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Connectivity problems with wifi

This is a discussion on Connectivity problems with wifi within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. I wonder if anyone can help me at all please? My son's laptop running Windows 7 crashed a while

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 09:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello. I wonder if anyone can help me at all please?

My son's laptop running Windows 7 crashed a while back and the icon at the bottom of the screen showing internet connection and available networks disappeared. He was originally able to get on the home network which the laptop knows but unable to connect to any other wifi elsewhere even via control panel or BT desktop help. Now he seems either not to be able to connect, or if he can it runs really slowly. Tried system restore without success.

I'm imagining it's a Windows problem. Could the crash have been due to a virus? Is there any way to restore the connectivty ourselves without having it repaired by an expert?

Many thanks for any advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

First, explain the crash that the laptop experience.

Second, try to reinstall the networking driver for the laptop.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless Web Connectivity Problems
I have an alienware m11x that is a few years old and up until now have had no problems with the internet. Recently however, I can connect to every Wifi spot I want to except for one. When I am at home it connects fine, at my girlfriends connects fine, work connects fine and all others connect...
BossHausman Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 7 09-23-2014 12:56 PM
no wifi with Fedora
I just installed Fedora 19 and I have a wifi card on my dell laptop with win7. I can't find it in Fedora so I can't connect to internet. I have a wireless Linksys router and I can connect in Windows. How do I get the wifi to show up in fedora? I go to network proxy, but don't know how to find my...
deweylovem Linux Support 22 12-30-2013 05:30 AM
wifi problems
I've been having problems with my wifi here at college. My wifi connects me to the internet but when I click on the browser Firefox it says there is no internet connection. It works other places but. Not here also having same problem with iPod but not phone. Really need help idk what to do
dancetilidie264 Linux Support 4 01-16-2012 09:57 PM
Canon MG5250 causing Wifi problems
Ok I have a couple of technical issues but they are related and started with this printer so I figured it belonged here. I just bought a brand new Canon MG5350 printer, the wifi functionality and ability to print onto DVD's being the main draw cards. Setting it up directly to the home desktop PC...
ajpaton Printer Support 1 11-22-2011 06:48 AM
b43 wifi problems solved after I type sudo modprobe b43
I have windows 7 pro and ubuntu 11.04 dual booted. After I installed ubuntu my wifi card (broadcom bcm 4318 I believe) didn't have the firmware. Since I don't have a wired connection (I share with the neighbors) so I pulled out my other laptop windows7 and downloaded the packages and...
modo5050 Linux Support 1 08-01-2011 01:54 PM