Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Computer does not stay in hybrid sleep mode...

This is a discussion on Computer does not stay in hybrid sleep mode... within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer will only stay in hybrid sleep mode and/or hibernation for about 1-5 minutes before waking up. My computer

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dylan151 Send a message via Skype™ to dylan151

My computer will only stay in hybrid sleep mode and/or hibernation for about 1-5 minutes before waking up.

My computer is a custom built desktop running windows 7 home premium.

What could be waking up my computer and how do I fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

OS: XP, Windows7-8, Server03, Server08, SBS2008, SBS2011, Server2012

My System

It is most likely seeing network activity which causes it wake. You can change this by going to Network and Sharing Center, click on Change adapter settings, right-click on the adapter you want to change and select Properties. Clik the Configure… button then the Power Management tab and clear the checkbox for ‘Allow this device to wake the computer’. Click on OK.

Some times this happens when there are background tasks that are set to be run at specific times. Have you checked your task scheduler to check if there are any background tasks set there? These tasks are not necessarily set by windows, they can be set by third party programs.

Another possibly In control panel -> administrative tools -> Task Scheduler … find under Windows -> media center … find mcupdate_scheduled in the history window. Click on the ‘triggers’ tab and then click on ‘properties’ in the actions window and DISABLE the automatic update.

Another Prevent a Mouse from Waking Windows 7 up from Sleep Mode

Give those a try and let us know

I work about 60 hours a week and spend the rest of my time with Family and a couple of online communities, so please be patient when waiting for a reply
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dylan151 Send a message via Skype™ to dylan151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomshawk View Post
It is most likely seeing network activity which causes it wake. You can change this by going to Network and Sharing Center, click on Change adapter settings, right-click on the adapter you want to change and select Properties. Clik the Configure… button then the Power Management tab and clear the checkbox for ‘Allow this device to wake the computer’. Click on OK.

Some times this happens when there are background tasks that are set to be run at specific times. Have you checked your task scheduler to check if there are any background tasks set there? These tasks are not necessarily set by windows, they can be set by third party programs.

Another possibly In control panel -> administrative tools -> Task Scheduler … find under Windows -> media center … find mcupdate_scheduled in the history window. Click on the ‘triggers’ tab and then click on ‘properties’ in the actions window and DISABLE the automatic update.

Another Prevent a Mouse from Waking Windows 7 up from Sleep Mode

Give those a try and let us know
Thanks. It looks like that worked.
Closed Thread