User Tag List

Computer Crashes

This is a discussion on Computer Crashes within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just built a computer from newegg, here are the parts MoBO MSI NF750-G55 ATX AMD Motherboard PSU OCZ ModXStream

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just built a computer from newegg, here are the parts

MoBO
MSI NF750-G55 ATX AMD Motherboard

PSU
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor

Ram
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop

GPU
Newegg.com - PowerColor AX6870 1GBD5-2DH Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

My computer worked fine for about a week then it started to crash. when it crashes its like a hard power off (like if you pulled the power cord) when i would turn the computer back on it would crash a 1-5 minutes after boot. It runs fine in safe mode.

I have tryed 2 hard drives, and i have tried it with just the minimal components (mobo, 1 stick of ram, 1 hard drive) but still crashes) have test the PSU, and its good, have also tested with another psu.

its got to the point where it doesnt even let me reinstall windows 7 64bit, it just crashes at the first step of the install. i check the CPU temp after a crash and it is 20c-30c. ive reseaded every thing even the cmos battery.

I really need help, was going to have lan party today :(

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer crashes at Windows logo
Hi, everyone. I'm not really sure how I should start this off. So about a week ago, I was on my computer, not doing much, and it suddenly rebooted itself. After it shut down, it would attempt to boot, but nothing would show up on the screen, the fans inside the computer would spin very (very)...
thatguykevin Motherboards, Bios & CPU 10 07-16-2011 07:44 AM
Computer crashes when I play a game
Hi, this is my first post in the forums. My computer crashes every time i play a game (Counter Strike Source, Call of Duty, Starcraft 2), I cant open the task administrator because the whole computer freezes and I have to manually press the restart button to restart my computer. This has been...
haikmen Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 05-22-2011 02:23 PM
My computer is leaking... then crashes?
So I went to sleep last night and left my computer on, knowingly, and when I woke up, my computer was off. I turned it back on to set a few programs up, then it crashed a few minutes later. The computer boots just fine. After I got home, I turned the computer back on, and it stayed on for half...
Steezy Peach Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 03-30-2011 06:46 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM