Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Computer can't start up--Startup repair

This is a discussion on Computer can't start up--Startup repair within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, Hopefully someone here can help me. I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 7. Here's what happened: I

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello all,
Hopefully someone here can help me. I have a Dell Laptop with Windows 7. Here's what happened:

I was watching a streaming television show from tvduck when my computer just shut down. Now I can't start up. It freezes on the Loading windows section. I turned off the computer and restarted and received a screen prompting me to do start up repair. I clicked that and I after a few minutes I received the message "Start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically".

Is there anything that I can do? Sorry if I am not thorough enough, but hopefully this is enough. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your time and help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

See if you're able to boot to Safe Mode (Press F8 after restarting the computer). If not, check to see if there's a boot menu (possibly F12 or F10 when booting) and check to see if there are any built in diagnostics. Run a disk test if there is.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

It would not start in safe mode. Im not sure if i ran a disk test. Is that the long (time wis) test with a blue screen? I seemed to pass the first tests, but exited out after 20 minutes or so...
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows explorer keep crashing on right click.
I have this problem for more than a week. 1) when i right -clcik any (well, may be some) executable file to install the program the windows goes as not responding and comes with error. Detail of report is as follows: But when i just double click on file....It works just fine. Problem...
drosera01 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 7 12-07-2011 08:17 AM
Need help - IE crashing and random redirects
I got the Windows repair virus virus a few days ago and was able to remove most of the symptoms using MBAM and Spybot but I still have a few issues: 1. IE 8 crashes upon launch most of the time. Mozilla Firefox works fine for now and I can live with it but need IE for some of my applications....
jb40967 Resolved HJT Threads 12 07-23-2011 09:03 AM
[SOLVED] Problems with USB Keyboard Non executable memory error... help!
Hi all, Please forgive me, for this is my first post on here and to be honest, I'm not really sure where to turn next - I've seen similar problems to the one I'm encountering, but not there seems to be a lot of dead links around regarding XP support, so I hope that I'm in the right place to try...
Libraryboy Windows XP Support 6 05-14-2011 09:55 AM
Need Help on startup listStartupList report, 11/04/2011, 10:10:33 StartupList version
StartupList report, 11/04/2011, 10:10:33 StartupList version: 1.52.2 Started from : C:\Documents and Settings\amy\My Documents\Downloads\HijackThis.EXE Detected: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600) Detected: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702) * Using default options * Including empty and...
leerobert Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 2 04-15-2011 09:27 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM