Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Computer cant communicate with my Xbox?

This is a discussion on Computer cant communicate with my Xbox? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My vista pc can communicate with every other device on my network when I ping it. But when I ping

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
Registered Member

My vista pc can communicate with every other device on my network when I ping it. But when I ping my Xbox I get 100% loss. My Xbox is on my network. The Internet is working on my Xbox. Upnp is enabled. My Xbox is port forwarded. It's allowed through the firewall. What else am I missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

How are you trying to connect to the Xbox?

You can only connect to the Xbox via Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center.

Windows Media Center with Xbox 360 | Stream Music, Pictures, and Video to Xbox - Xbox.com

CNET TV | Video Product Reviews, CNET Podcasts, Tech Shows, Live CNET Video - CNET TV
Old 07-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Im using the media player.
I turned on media sharing.
On the list of shared devices it shows the Xbox and shows that it's enabled.
And now I found out my moms laptop is able to share to it but my computer can't and neither can my sisters laptop. They can communicate with it but not share. Even though I have media sharing and file sharing enabled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Only one device can connect to the Xbox at a time. Disconnect the first computer and see if the other laptop can.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VIRUS HACKED MY COMPUTER p8hpzwgf4.exe
this virus is stuck in my computer symantec call it infostealer said it s clean but keaps coming back i have only two reports dds and attach the thired i cant do seem like the virus is blocking when i try to run it i get a massage that it could not run becouse its ust by another ?? PLEASE HELP...
OYE Resolved HJT Threads 61 04-22-2012 07:40 PM
How to Factory Restore your Computer
How to Factory Restore your Computer This tutorial will guide you on how to do a system restore on your Windows computer. Below make sure you read and follow only the tutorial that matches your computer. If an error occurs during the restore process, stop the process and post in the appropriate...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows XP Support 0 03-24-2012 09:11 PM
How to Factory Restore your Computer
How to Factory Restore your Computer This tutorial will guide you on how to do a system restore on your Windows computer. Below make sure you read and follow only the tutorial that matches your computer. If an error occurs during the restore process, stop the process and post in the appropriate...
Masterchiefxx17 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 03-24-2012 09:11 PM
Help! My mums PC is infected
Hi Everyone :wave: Just having some issues with my mums PC. Its WindowsXP with SP3 and prior to this infection had AVG Free. This morning I uninstalled the AVG and put Avira free as I believe it is much better :) I have also run scans with MBAM and the first one showed 2 malicious items...
ItsMeTaraLee Resolved HJT Threads 83 05-05-2011 01:29 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 04:41 PM