Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Command prompt help with multiple files.

This is a discussion on Command prompt help with multiple files. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a .exe file which I have to run in a command prompt window, which converts file types for

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #1
X82
Registered Member

I have a .exe file which I have to run in a command prompt window, which converts file types for me. I have a directory of about 1400 files that I need to convert. At the moment, I have to run cmd, go to the converter.exe directory. Type converter.exe -c (to convert) file1.smm file1.wav.
I have to type this about 1400 times over and over.
Does anyone know of any tricks which can input this line over and over, but change the file names to match the names of the files in the directory?

sorry if this don't make sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

A great deal depends on the command line options of the conversion program. It may have options that help with this issue. I would check this first.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The backdoor:win32/cycbot.b virus?
Hey there, So Iíve dealt with some nasty viruses before, including the Windows Anti-Live Virus, but this virus I simply cannot be rid of. I tried the following programs to remove the virus and they did not work: -McAcfee -Malware Bytes -Norton -Kaspersky Currently Kaspersky is still...
octoberstormxx Resolved HJT Threads 3 07-14-2011 08:05 PM
Computer Freezing randomly for long periods
Hey Guys! This started about a month ago, out of the blue, the computer would freeze up, at random times and just stay frozen for awhile, nothing I input in the keyboard would work. Start-up times are now about 3-5 minutes long. Also it is a HP DV6 laptop that has a malfunctioning battery,...
signordirt Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 07-06-2011 08:43 AM
Google redirect/ disabled windows security center
Hi, I've been having a problem with google/pretty much any search engine redirecting the links I click on to other pages. It actually takes a few tries before the correct page opens. The windows security center service also gives me the message that it can't be started (it's set on disabled in...
mazenka Resolved HJT Threads 9 07-03-2011 05:10 AM
Fast Download Slow Browsing
Hello, Iíve been having this problem for about a week now, download is fast but browsing is to slow. I Updated my Firefox browser, downloaded explore and flock still the same, activity indicator just goes round and round. Iím guessing that I have some kind of spyware/malware slowing my...
Omar8 Inactive Malware Help Topics 3 04-16-2011 07:51 AM
Computer running slow
Hi all! I've been advised by Dai on Windows 7 pages to look for malware or spyware. My computer gets increadibly slow when used after an hour or two. I reach 100% of used CPU just by using Word. Here is my DSS and the attach.txt compressed attached. Thanks to everyone and to the existence...
evan.morchoisne Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 14 02-25-2011 10:50 AM