Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Closed laptop (unplugged from charger), a while later "Unexpected Shutdown"

This is a discussion on Closed laptop (unplugged from charger), a while later "Unexpected Shutdown" within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This has happened at lease twice before. My Dell XPS was unplugged from the charger, and I locked it and

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: 8.1 on desktop, 7 (main laptop) and Vista (back-up laptop)

This has happened at lease twice before. My Dell XPS was unplugged from the charger, and I locked it and closed it and at least 15 min later there was an unexpected shutdown. I know this because when I re-open the laptop, the computer is off and Windows tell me there was unexpected shutdown.

Has anyone else seen this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2011, 03:57 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Maybe your laptop has its power settings set to - Shut Down when Lid is Closed (when on battery power).
Old 07-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
Visiting BSOD Expert
Microsoft Support Team

Are you running Windows 7 SP1, or Windows 7 RTM? If SP1, there's a hotfix that might help that you would want to install.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toshiba laptop freezing when charger is pluggded in
I have a Toshiba Equium A200 that work excelent while on battery but the moment i plug in the charger it freezes. When the laptop is off and i try to power it on with the charger plugged in the power led turns and stays on but that's all that happens. Even in BIOS it freezes instantly when i plug...
radu andy Laptop Support 32 01-13-2012 12:01 AM
Laptop charger socket
What is the part called where you plug the adapter into on the laptop? Like the proper name and can they be replaced?
confrontation Laptop Support 10 04-27-2011 07:02 PM
laptop charger
Hiya guys im still trying to sort out this new charger issue, how can i determine which dc output and connector size i need as im under the impression thats the details i need when buying a new charger thanks again
darrenpmw Laptop Support 3 02-16-2011 01:18 PM
Laptop Charger Not Working
Hi all. I got my Acer Aspire 5542 last Christmas and haven't had a problem with it until a few weeks ago. This is roughly about the time when my brother started to also use my charger on his laptop (I do not know if this caused the problem or not). For some reason, it won't charge properly. When...
GinjaNinjaFro RAM and Power Supply Support 1 02-12-2011 12:48 PM
latop freezes when charger plugged in
https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/toshiba-laptop-freezing-when-charger-is-pluggded-in-540507.html Hi gavinzach I also have the same problem with my laptop. But the difference is that my laptop freezes sometimes and sometimes it restarts. I also read on internet about the steps of...
warsha Laptop Support 11 02-05-2011 07:18 AM