Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Clean install of Win7 with no CD available.

This is a discussion on Clean install of Win7 with no CD available. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I want to re-install Windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I don't think I ever got a CD with

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I want to re-install Windows 7 on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. I don't think I ever got a CD with the system or if I did I have long since lost it. I have a CD with MSDN Win7 on it, but I used the key on another computer.

Is there a way to re-install Windows 7 on the laptop without having to pay for it again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

Did the laptop come with Win 7? If so, Toshiba uses a recovery partition to recovery to the factory install of Windows 7. The keyboard command should be listed on your Toshiba boot screen. If you can still boot it, there should also be a menu item in Programs to start the recovery from there. Look under the various Toshiba folders.

Otherwise, you can order recovery CDs from Toshiba for about $20-$30.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! My Computer is sending spam from my hotmail account
My computer has been sending Spam emails to my contact list off and on for a couple of weeks now. I've run Avast antivirus and SuperAntiSpyware multiple times, but still the spam goes out. I am using Outlook to manage my email (several accounts setup, but only my msn.com account is affected). It...
coast105 Resolved HJT Threads 7 03-31-2011 08:25 PM
[SOLVED] Clean install of Win7
Hi Guys I have done a clean install of Win7 Home Premium due to a bad computer crash. I had windows on it originially until it crashed and I was able to get my Thompson router to work no problems. Now I cannot get on to the internet because it can.t find it, where do I go from here,obviously...
norman1 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 03-25-2011 03:24 PM
Browser Redirect Issue
I have been having an issue with both IE and Firefox redirecting Google search results a majority of the time. I had done a scan with Spybot Search & Destroy prior to posting here and "Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite" (15 entries) and "Microsoft.Windows.RedirectedHosts" (3 entries) were the only...
bob2881 Resolved HJT Threads 21 02-21-2011 07:48 PM
win7 64bit clean install on acer aspire
hello every1, this is my first time posting here as i couldnt find an answer to my question anywhere on the net. actualy there are many little questions instead of a big one. 1) i recently bough an acer aspire 5745g to replace my "old" sony vaio vgn-fw41e. now.. the acer has significantly...
troufas Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 18 01-04-2011 03:35 PM