Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Change password in another domain

This is a discussion on Change password in another domain within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm new here and had a (hopefully) simple question. I log on to my companies domain through Cisco's VPN. Our

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm new here and had a (hopefully) simple question.

I log on to my companies domain through Cisco's VPN. Our policy requires I change my domain password every 90 days. How do I do this?

If I log on to VPN, then CNTL/ALT/DEL, then "Change Password", it doesn't seem to work.

My PC is not on the company's domain when I boot, it's a stand alone PC.

Any thoughts welcome!

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #2
Registered Member

you should have your own technical support team at the company you work for. They will be able to advise you. Im not giving out any free hacking advice even if you pay me. The rules on this site are clear https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ork&page=rules
see section 3 paragraph 2
Old 06-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

OK, maybe the response is deserved since I'm a new user. The fact is my IT group says to visit a local office and they will handle it. But, I'm a frequent traveler who can rarely do this. Getting locked-out overseas is a nightmare. Also, I don't understand how changing a password could be effective hacking when you'd have to have VPN access first, and all VPN access is logged?

Now for a small rant.

You are disrespectful. Period. I'm not a hacker, I'm a 54 year old executive in charge of a 100M business. I travel to 30 countries annually and don't have time to mess with this stuff. I have found people like you throughout my career, you actually believe your technical skills are so rare and special that you can treat others with lesser knowledge disdain. I'm pleased to say I would not pay you if you asked, and I've made it my practice to never hire your kind under any circumstances. Good day.
Closed Thread