Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Can't download any program updates

This is a discussion on Can't download any program updates within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I try to download updates to my anti-virus programs or firewall a security scan starts and always says it

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Registered Member

When I try to download updates to my anti-virus programs or firewall a security scan starts and always says it has a virus detected and it gets deleted - all of the updates are from the legitimate sources.

Any idea where I should look to correct this problem - driving me nuts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

We recommend that you read this article…
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum section of the forum.
(Simply, click on the colored links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support ForumForum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The Malware Removal Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

thank you for the links.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
Registered Member

Corday - thanks for the information. I am starting my days off from work so I will be able to go through the steps you mentioned - I appreciate your taking time to give me the right direction to head.
Closed Thread