Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Cannot Get Past Blue HP Bios Boot Screen

This is a discussion on Cannot Get Past Blue HP Bios Boot Screen within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer gets stuck on the blue HP bios screen. Whenever I try to press buttons on my keyboard to

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

My computer gets stuck on the blue HP bios screen. Whenever I try to press buttons on my keyboard to get into the boot menu/bios options (F keys), they do not respond. I cleared the CMOS and tried it again to no avail. Then I removed the hard drive and voila: I was able to press the F Keys to get into the boot menu/bios settings etc. I put a recovery disc in my cd/dvd drive and chose to boot off the cd drive. A black screen then appeared saying "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device". I pressed some buttons but the same message keeps appearing. Any help?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

What hard drive did you remove? If you have no hard drive then you can not recover or repair any OS if there no OS to repair to detect or hard drive.

Is it the HDD that you removed have Windows is installed on it?

Have you tried changing the boot sequence?

What kind of HDD is it a SATA or IDE type?

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
Registered Member

Actually I just fixed the problem. I think it had something to do with a corrupt hard drive or w/e. First I removed the hard drive, then put in a usb containing a Ubuntu installer. Then I turned on the computer and chose to boot off the USB. I then plugged in the hard drive after I saw that the ubuntu installer was starting up. I then installed Ubuntu onto the hard drive and after my computer restarted, it sucessfully went past the boot screen into ubuntu. I'll probably install Windows soon. :)

So was it a corrupt harddisk problem? (I just want to know for future reference)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

If you happen to install Windows after Ubuntu. You will have to fix Ubuntu's grub.

The Windows installation will over write the Grub

To repair Ubuntu's grub go here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Gr...redirect=GRUB2

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Closed Thread