Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

bypass startup repair for non-genuine windows?

This is a discussion on bypass startup repair for non-genuine windows? within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. its a long story, TLDR under the dashes... i was out of a computer and found an ad on kijiji

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 06:26 AM   #1
Registered Member

its a long story, TLDR under the dashes... i was out of a computer and found an ad on kijiji for an acer apire one that was one-hundred and twenty bucks and had windows seven, contacted the guy and he said to meet at the walmart in a town near me. that in itself should have probably be a big red flag but i thought since its online classifieds you want to be careful. but when i got there i started it up and checked it over and everything run nicely so i paid the guy and we left.

about three days after i got it home i started to get pop ups saying "you have 7 days left in your windows 7 free trial." and mentally smacked myself that i didnt check, but the icing on the cake was that when i tried to email the guy through the email address he was using to contact me, i got a message back from postmaster saying it didnt exist, the address had been deleted.

----------

my problem is somthing happend to my computer that caused it to go into start up repair AFTER the trial had run out and not having alot of income i didnt have enough money at the time to get a new operating system, or the experience to think to revert it back to windows vista, i havent used it since. recently i had dug it back up and started it back up and it stared nicely untill the startup repair part, and now i have a better understanding of computers so i thought maybe i could fix it, what i want to know is there anyway to bypass the windows startup repair, to get to the desktop so i can revert it back to windows vista?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Is start up repair part of the recovery tool? do you have other options such as system restore and to open a command prompt?
Old 11-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

It won't matter if you get it running again it will still be out of the trial so you would need to either pay for a new license or use Linux for now.
I suggest you try the steps here How to Reset the Acer Aspire One to Factory Settings | Chron.com and see if it brings back the genuine copy.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Did you even try to activate it over the internet? Maybe the seller reinstalled the OS but forgot to Activate it? There is only one way to find out.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:12 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool
(download and save to desktop - https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
- in your own thread, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Hardware.aspx
Old 11-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #6
Registered Member

okay so, i had a friend look at it and we established (mentally smacking ourselves for not noticing sooner) that it is not startup repair, but windows error recovery that my computer keeps booting into, and then i get stuck in a loop of windows error recovery then moving to windows boot manager which tells me to insert my windows installation disk to repair my computer, but i dont have one. i was wondering if there was some way to just use eRecovery manager to bring it back to factory settings, (note: pressing alt+f10 brings me to Edit boot options, and the screen appears like this:

Edit windows boot options for: windows 7

path: \windows\system32\winload.exe

Partition: 2
Hard Disk: 11a8ba38

[ /NOEXECUTE=OPTIN <--this is the only part i can change (typing like in command prompt) )
Closed Thread