Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Bootloader/MBR got deleted or corrupt. Help needed in Installing Win7.

This is a discussion on Bootloader/MBR got deleted or corrupt. Help needed in Installing Win7. within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I know too little about computers, maybe thats why I am going through this tragedy ... Need urgent help !

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Roll Eyes

I know too little about computers, maybe thats why I am going through this tragedy ... Need urgent help !

I have a Sony VAIO laptop (Model: VPCEB32EN) which had Windows 7 installed. Recently I installed UBUNTU (alongside Win 7) so that I could heal the laptop of virus infections. Till that point everything was OK. Then the fault in my stars played out and I became a member of idiotland. What happened is I tried installing Linux Mint too alongside the previous two OS's, and it stopped installing midway due to some error.

Maybe then the grub or bootloader or MBR or whatever got deleted or corrupted by that divine process.

Everything was gone and my computer would not boot.

I tried installing Windows again from the Recovery Disk but to no avail. So I installed UBUNTU. That worked. I am going to name my son UBUNTU to honor this awesome OS.

Now, the softwares that I actually work on have only the Windows version.

Can anybody please guide me how to install Win7 again on my beautiful laptop?

NB: I am more joer than the regular Joe. Step by step instruction would be heartily appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

For the next time, please do not post your issue across four different forums at once. It only causes confusion, conflicts between people, and can even waste people's time. Your exact post can be found on at least four other forums word for word.

------

It sounds to me that you wrote over your Windows 7 operating system. Can you see the Windows 7 OS in Ubuntu?

How did you go about installing both Ubuntu and Linux Mint?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
redirect virus
I'm having a problem where I randomly get redirected to this adobe spam site, as soon as a website redirects it automatically downloads something to my computer. I used to be able to cancel the download but now the files always save too fast for me to cancel. I also can't seem to get onto sites...
shelf12 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 34 03-26-2014 05:07 AM
Browser redirect problem
Help!! I have fallen prey to a browser hijack i am unable to get rid off. I have tried Malwarebytes, Ad-aware, Spybot, AVG (which is my antivirus and firewall software, CWShreader, and Hijack This. I have run Combofix and TDSkiller. RKquarantine and Goorefix. Nothing has stopped it or detected...
qorc Inactive Malware Help Topics 29 12-27-2012 09:38 PM
possibly spyware, adware or what ever else.
Hi all, when i open a browser, it automatically direct me to some random sites. I tried making my default homepage something else but it still does the same thing. I would believe that it is either spyware or adware. Moreover, I have experienced that sometimes when i idol from my computer, it...
kewin118 Resolved HJT Threads 19 10-30-2012 04:49 AM
Security center problem
I am using Windows 7 64-bit and Opera browser which does not seem affected, however Chrome browser constantly redirects to ads after first item. have not tested IE or Firefox windows security center keeps turning off, will not turn on from Action Center in services.msc Security Center says...
daveh41 Resolved HJT Threads 17 09-22-2012 11:47 PM
Can't access any google sites
I have WindowsXP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3 IntelR Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.19GHz, 0.99GB of RAM and can not access any google sites. I have a wireless router & modem and all other computers can access google (not networked). One other was networked previously and could access google,...
CarolBT Resolved HJT Threads 43 08-14-2011 09:16 AM