User Tag List

Black screen

This is a discussion on Black screen within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I can't decide if I should get a used board (found the same exact one locally for about $75 US,

Old 03-09-2020, 01:19 AM   #21
Registered Member

I can't decide if I should get a used board (found the same exact one locally for about $75 US, used) or buy a new but different board. The P8P67 is supposed to be a good board but found a lot of complaints about them malfunctioning prematurely sometimes. Mine lasted over 7 years but I'm not sure about getting a used one now. The thing is I don't really care about the latest boards and what they have to offer and I don't want to spend more than $100 CaD/$75 US. Are there any decent boards for around that much (new) ? Or should I take a chance and get me a used one ?
Trancer365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2020, 01:44 PM   #22
Registered Member

Windows will try to authenticate. It will direct you to a site which will scan your hdd for authentication. A seriiss of questions then a box will show up asking if you did hardware change. It will then reinnstste your Win10 license. Also you probably hit the F10 key twice. You have to do a clear cmos. Theree is either a pin removal or in some casez of ASUS motherboards a push button on the MB.
Raptor227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:31 PM   #23
Registered Member

It's been a long time but I finally found a motherboard to replace the dead one and it's working fine but unfortunately, it's not the same model. I'm using an HDD with Windows 10 OS (upgraded from Win 7) but now it says Windows isn't activated. I thought I'd try to activate using my Win7 CD (product key) but keep getting the message "couldn't activate because our activation servers aren't available at the moment...". Is this really a server issue or is it that I can't activate Win10 this way (using win7 product key) ?

I have another question if any one cares to answer. This is a used Asus MB and I'm wondering if I need to download a driver for it. I mean, is there a driver just for the motherboard ? I see there is a bunch of drivers for all kinds of things related to this MB (BIOS, chipset, audio, lan....). Any advice on anything I need to do to make sure I'm doing things correctly ?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #24
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

The Activation Servers may indeed be down, as many other services are lately because of Covid-19. Just try in another day or two.If still the same issue give Microsoft a call.
Press the Windows key+X and choose Device Manager. If any device have yellow flags next to them, they need drivers. If none, you do not need drivers.
Go to Asus download site and type in the model# of your motherboard. The Driver for the Motherboard is the Chipset driver. Download this, install it and restart, before installing any other drivers that are needed from the Device Manager.
Old 04-16-2020, 12:59 PM   #25
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, spunk. I'm not sure it is a server issue. I swapped the drive that has the win10 on it with the one that has win7 and of course I got a message telling me Windows wasn't genuine (because of the new motherboard) but then I went to reactivate Windows using the Product Key I have and it worked. Tried again with the other HDD (Win10) but still got the same message. I'm just having all kinds of issues for the past couple of months and for no damn apparent reason.

I'm back on Win7 for now but I'll try again later with the Win10.
Old 04-16-2020, 02:50 PM   #26
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
.If still the same issue give Microsoft a call.