Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

avi to dvd conversion

This is a discussion on avi to dvd conversion within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Its my 1st time using this so bear with me!... ive been using winavi to convert and burn avi to

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 12:57 AM   #1

Its my 1st time using this so bear with me!... ive been using winavi to convert and burn avi to dvd format with no problems. now all of a sudden (after formatting PC and reinstalling software) the dvd burns fine and starts to play then virtually stops about 2 minutes into it ...it the moves slowly through the area or freezes completley. i thought it may be the media so tried some other brand but all are the same. i also tried another version of winavi.. but nothing changed! ... please does anyone have any ideas?? marc. p.s. not sure in posting this in the right place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to rickatnight11 Send a message via MSN to rickatnight11 Send a message via Yahoo to rickatnight11 Send a message via Skype™ to rickatnight11

Sounds to me like you are missing a few codecs. Codec stands for code/decode. These are instructions for your computer to play and create different types of video/audio files. Head on over to www.codecguide.com and download the Mega Codec Pack. After installing (and restarting if necessary) try converting and burning again. Good luck!

PS Also check your burning software. If it has one, check the Verify box to make sure that the data you are burning is being burned properly. It will check the CD against the data on the harddrive to make sure it burned correctly.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #3

Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcbdk70 View Post
Its my 1st time using this so bear with me!... ive been using winavi to convert and burn avi to dvd format with no problems. now all of a sudden (after formatting PC and reinstalling software) the dvd burns fine and starts to play then virtually stops about 2 minutes into it ...it the moves slowly through the area or freezes completley. i thought it may be the media so tried some other brand but all are the same. i also tried another version of winavi.. but nothing changed! ... please does anyone have any ideas?? marc. p.s. not sure in posting this in the right place.
I have exactly the same problem. I am using winavi ver 8 to convert. If I press pause and play on the dvd it starts to play for next 2.5 minutes and it repeats. I have to constantly press "pause" and "play". It is very annoying!!!

I have tried using different burning softwares. I have tried to play with the settings of winavi software, but no joy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 05:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11 View Post
Sounds to me like you are missing a few codecs. Codec stands for code/decode. These are instructions for your computer to play and create different types of video/audio files. Head on over to www.codecguide.com and download the Mega Codec Pack. After installing (and restarting if necessary) try converting and burning again. Good luck!

PS Also check your burning software. If it has one, check the Verify box to make sure that the data you are burning is being burned properly. It will check the CD against the data on the harddrive to make sure it burned correctly.
I have downloaded and installed K-Lite codec full, but still having the same problem
Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 AM   #5
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via AIM to rickatnight11 Send a message via MSN to rickatnight11 Send a message via Yahoo to rickatnight11 Send a message via Skype™ to rickatnight11

Have you tried burning at a much lower drive speed?
Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 AM   #6

I have tried use two different burners - same results
Closed Thread