Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

auto start for wifi

This is a discussion on auto start for wifi within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi... Running win7 ultimate , int. explorer 11 I was connecting automatically to wifi on start up, then needed to

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi...
Running win7 ultimate , int. explorer 11
I was connecting automatically to wifi on start up, then needed to do clean reinstall of windows, nothing other was changed like router settings ,
on restart the signal strength shows 5bars for a few seconds , then changes to the manual , I have to click on this , and when choices appear have to select connect for my wifi then all is well , if with a period of inactivity , the computer sleeps, moving the mouse wakes it up, put wifi has dropped out.
Have checked all I can see , like "connect automatically" that is selected.
Can any body help please??/
Thanks in advance
kenp3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi have you checked in control panel then device manager go to the network devices click on the little triangle on the left to expand the view, then choose the wifi device driver. Right click on it, and choose properties, then power management and check if the computer is allowed to turn of the device to save power.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 10 64 bit, Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX 10.11.5

My System

Quote:
then needed to do clean reinstall of windows
What is the make and model# of your computer?
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, are there any devices with yellow flags? If so, they need drivers installed.
Even if there aren't, go to the computer manufacturers support/download drivers site. type in your make and model# or Service tag #. Download the Chipset and Wifi driver for your model.
Remove all existing saved profiles and reconnect manually: How to remove existing wireless network profile in Windows XP - Welcome to TP-LINK
Closed Thread