Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

After Vista SP2 upgrade, computer doesn't boot

This is a discussion on After Vista SP2 upgrade, computer doesn't boot within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have recently upgraded to Windows Vista Service Pack 2 from SP1; the installation appeared to have gone fine (no

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
cd5

I have recently upgraded to Windows Vista Service Pack 2 from SP1; the installation appeared to have gone fine (no errors, step 3 of 3 complete - then reboot) but when i tried booting the computer, it hangs on the windows loading screen (green bar moving). I have left it overnight (>6 hours) and it is still loading. I have tried booting into safe mode, but it gets stuck on 'please wait' after loading 'null.sys'; i have also tried directory services restore mode

Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista (Build 6002, Service Pack 2)
There arent any new drivers installed yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #2
Registered Member

do you have the vista recovery disc? if not you can download it here and boot your pc to do a repair https://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/
Old 10-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Did you disable your antivirus and any other realtime protection prior to installing SP2?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
cd5

i built the computer so it doesnt have a recovery disc and yes i did disable my antivirus software before installing
Closed Thread