Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

Aero issue and Catalyst Control Centre issue

This is a discussion on Aero issue and Catalyst Control Centre issue within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, Chemist has been kind enough to help me in the virus/trojan sub-forum and has given me the all clear.

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

Chemist has been kind enough to help me in the virus/trojan sub-forum and has given me the all clear.

I have a couple of other issues with my laptop if anyone has the time to help.

I have windows 7 installed on my laptop. (Let me know if more details and which are needed, if any)

1. I think Aero has stopped working. Saw some error message which went away pretty quick but now my background is set to fill colour and won't let me change it to anything else. Aero itself must be working as if I click Alt + Tab, I can still skip through the programs in use by me (which I believe is an aero function?)

2. When I start up my computer or restart, I see the following message:

Catalyst Control Centre
Host application has stopped working
Microsoft is checking for a solution to this problem.

It stays for about 5-10 secs and then disappears. I haven't noticed anything else stop functioning (and admittedly this error has been showing for some time but I haven't been able to find any solutions by browsing the web) but if there is a fix/error, would be great!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread