Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support

User Tag List

about AUTO COMPLETE

This is a discussion on about AUTO COMPLETE within the Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am not that familiar with auto complete. But when I would go to my web mail site, I had

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 09:02 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am not that familiar with auto complete. But when I would go to my web mail site, I had clicked "remember me" and when I would go there, I could just type the first letter of my address and it would automatically fill in the address bar, then click on it again and it would post my password. Now my user I.D. is already filled in but I have to type in my password. How can I get that back, the password filled in automatically?

Jackspratjr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

What web browser are you using?

Regards,

Mark
Old 02-22-2011, 05:32 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hello,

Am using internet explorer 9. Have just recently upgraded from IE 8. Is that my problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

No that's not the problem, it is just that instructions differ for different web browsers.

It seems like the website is using it like a form or something, as basically it should just automatically sign you in or at least have the fields prefilled.

Make sure saving passwords is enabled, see here:
Make Internet Explorer Prompt You To Save Passwords After Being Disabled

NOTE: while the instructions above are for IE7, they will be the same for IE9, the only difference is that the tools menu is the little gear (settings) icon on the top right corner.

Regards,

Mark
Old 02-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi,
I stumbled on to something that I did not know.
1. User id is shown in box
2. left click on user name
3. right click same place
4 left click on password box
5. password appears
although time wise it is almost as fast to type in password

Thanks for th assist

Jackspratjr
Closed Thread