Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

XMP Safe Mode Question happened once

This is a discussion on XMP Safe Mode Question happened once within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. My mobo is Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. And rams: Gskill 2x8GB 2133mhz ( XMP 3000mhz ). Cpu 8700K. When

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi. My mobo is Asus Z370 Pro Gaming. And rams: Gskill 2x8GB 2133mhz ( XMP 3000mhz ).
Cpu 8700K. When i choose in UEFI first time XMP profile i saved and booted fine to UEFI.
I turn off pc,turn on again after 2 hours, and then, i met screen:
THE SYSTEM HAS POSTED IN SAFE MODE.
This happened just once. Now its booting fine,but i dont know why it booted just once with this message.

This is screen from internet ( not my pc ) ,but the same msg to show:

This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then.

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?

I turn off my pc again for 12 hours,booted in morning, and fine again. But i want to be sure thats all is ok.
Memtest not showing errors also.
Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2018, 11:44 PM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Any chance you tried to overclock or switch on some kind of automatic 'Turbo' mode in the BIOS ?

Another possibility is a Dual/crash free BIOS, have you upgraded the BIOS ? and if for some reason the system is unstable the Mobo is designed to switch the BIOS back to the 'known good' BIOS.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:18 AM   #3
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

Almost certainly just a simple glitch, as has already been suggested on some of the dozen or so other sites where the OP has, as usual, asked the exact same questions.

Ignore it, it'll probably never happen again.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:51 AM   #4
Registered Member

Yes i turned off pc by power button from UEFI just after XMP applied with success. After 2 hours i boot pc and that message appeared.

But like i said...

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that. Reverting to standard and then again to XMP save. Turn off pc by power button. But not warning. Any ideas why it happened just once,and still its something wrong?
This occured when pc was off some time , 4 hours . And then.

2 times, i turn off my pc for 12 hours,booted in morning, and fine again. But i want to be sure thats all is ok.
Memtest not showing errors also.
Really appreciate it for help. This is my new pc.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:07 AM   #5
- Microsoft Support
BSOD Kernel Dump Analyst

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew333 View Post
But like i said...

I tried to reproduce this warning but i am not able to do that.
It's fine, forget it and enjoy your gaming
Old 01-19-2018, 04:10 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Like satrow said, could be a one time glitch, install a resource monitoring application and keep an eye on the RAM speed from time to time. If you don't see any issues there, most likely you should be good to go.
Closed Thread