Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

What RAM is compatable with my computer?

This is a discussion on What RAM is compatable with my computer? within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Firstly, I am looking to upgrade my 512MB RAM to 2GB of RAM. I have an Intel 848P Motherboard.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 05:37 AM   #1

Exclamation

Hello,

Firstly, I am looking to upgrade my 512MB RAM to 2GB of RAM. I have an Intel 848P Motherboard.

Here is an image of a page scanned directly from my motherboards instruction manual to give you a better idea of what my motherboards RAM is compatable with.

I recently purchased this RAM, only to find it didn't work/was not compatable with my computer (possibly because my motherboard takes low-density? How do I know?).
RAM I BOUGHT

So, what I want to know is, why didn't that RAM work with my motherboard and what sort of RAM will I need in order to get my maximum of 2GB of RAM?

Thanks so much in advance,
Josh Egan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 07:18 AM   #2

What kind of computer is it? I was looking at the page u have on here, and it says dimm. DIMM is usually used for laptop memory. I found 2 types of ram that are good, but they arent dimm. Im not sure how to go with this. You can look at these and see what you think, but I would take the ram from the computer to a computer store, and find out the specs, then buy using those...

****here are the ones i found that im not sure about

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220079

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227210
Closed Thread