Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

Vaio care, error in rescuing data

This is a discussion on Vaio care, error in rescuing data within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey guys, I have a Sony Vaio E series which runs on Windows 10. I recently encountered a problem when

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio E series which runs on Windows 10. I recently encountered a problem when I updated the win 10 and it went to a black screen saying restoring previous version of Windows. This was happening over and over again. Nth changed. So I tot of using the Vaio care, to rescue the data and then restore it. But there's an issue in that too. When rescuing the data an error comes saying that error occurred while writing data. Rescue data exit. I've tried it again and the same error comes. I'm not sure what to do. And I dont want to lose my data. Please help me out.

Thank you,

Malan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2017, 09:52 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Back up your data now, then post back for further instructions.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:59 AM   #3
Registered Member

I couldn't back the data. That's the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Try this: Control Panel>Backup and Restore(don't worry that it says Windows 7)>Backup Now.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:12 PM   #5
Game Team Tech

If you can boot into windows you can try copy your data using a usb stick or external hard drive. The other option is to buy a new hard drive and install windows 10 then plug in the old hard drive and transfer the data over or buy a sata docking station.