Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

system memory MAT and memory MARCH errors

This is a discussion on system memory MAT and memory MARCH errors within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an older dell 800 series duel core running win xp SP3 ,when i went to turn it on

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have an older dell 800 series duel core running win xp SP3 ,when i went to turn it on a couple of days i stared getting stop errors now matter how i tried to boot,even in safe mode, last night i was able to get into the system diagnostics and when the test got to system memory MAT 15 % / 50 % i got error code 2F00:0119, it started listing memory errors locations, kept clicking the continue button but error kept coming ran test 2 times stopped at exact place each time, so i went on the the MARCH test and again 15% /50% and the error code 2f00:0419, checked motherboard but did not see or smell anything burnt. is there anyway to manually repair this PC or should i just pull the harddrive and recycle it. I have not added any hardware to the PC in years and that was only 2 ram cards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #2
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Quote:
is there anyway to manually repair this PC or should i just pull the harddrive and recycle it. I have not added any hardware to the PC in years and that was only 2 ram cards
That depends on what is actually wrong with it.

If this is a failing motherboard, it probably is not worth fixing. Since you have more than one stick of RAM, I would pull all but one and see if it boots okay. Swap sticks and try again. It could just be a bad stick and that may be worth replacing.

That said, it is time to let XP go anyway. XP is no longer being supported and the problem is, if the XP system has Internet access, a compromised XP system becomes a threat to the rest of us, not just the user of the computer. These compromised systems are often used by bad guys to distribute spam and malware, and as zombies in bot-armies conducting DDoS attacks. And they do this without the user even knowing the system has been compromised.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Closed Thread