Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] seasonic x exhaust question

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] seasonic x exhaust question within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I have a seasonic x 1250w gold and I have a question about fan exhaust. I was always under

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello

I have a seasonic x 1250w gold and I have a question about fan exhaust.

I was always under the idea that the fans pulled air in from the top of the PSU inside the case and exhausted the hot air out the back of the PSU near the power cord outside the case.

This particular unit pulls air in from the rear of the PSU and exhaust it out the top inside my case. So now I have hot air from the PSU blowing on my video card.

Is this the normal direction of air flow for all PSU???

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
Emeritus

PSU fans should draw air in the fan side, through the unit, and exhaust it out the grille (rear).
If it is working the other way, RMA it.

Old 05-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #3
Registered Member

It actually is working properly. For whatever reason it felt like air was being blown upwards out of the top of the PSU so that made me second guess the air flow direction. After asking here and confirming that air flow really is from top out the back. I double checked the flow direction using a light weight piece of paper scrap. It sucked that piece right down onto the top....

My bad.

Thanks

-Gun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Emeritus

No problem and you're welcome.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Acer laptop question mark or Euro sign key
I have an Acer Aspire 5253 BZ489 Laptop. Each time I press what I see as a ? (question mark) and Euro sign. I get a Euro symbol when typed. How can I change it back to ? (question mark) key ? Is there a function key which toogles that ?
zhong Laptop Support 6 07-09-2011 10:46 AM
Install Question
This is kind of a retarded question.... But a question I have none the less. Can you wear out your hard drive faster if you frequently install, and uninstall programs? There is two reasons I am asking. 1. I could not decide if I wanted to have a game installed on my computer. I kept rage...
__Hyrosa__ Hard Drive Support 1 04-02-2011 10:52 PM
[SOLVED] Network Topology Question, either or kind of uestion
Basically got a question about how we should connect around 200 nods to the inter-webs..... Basically we got this tournament coming up and I'm trying to decide- (more of fighting with a fellow volunteer) - of the best way to connect these devices to the DHCP/Nat server... (If we choose to have...
ComputerFreek Networking Support 6 03-27-2011 06:08 PM
where to ask iPhone question?
i noticed when searching for info that someone was advised to take an iphone question to the 'gadget' section. under what heading can i find that section? or, can anyone advise me where to ask my iphone or ipod touch question? thanks kj
kjaxn Mac Support 4 03-25-2011 01:13 PM
Upgrading to Win7 64 bit from 32 bit. HDD question !
Tomorrow I will be re-installing Windows 7 with my original install disc on a new Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm drive I recently purchased. I currently have a 5400 rpm drive installed with Windows 7 32 bit ( had to go 32 bit cause my sound card drivers wouldn't work with 64 bit at the time >.< ) ...
koopatroopa_15 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 03-07-2011 08:51 PM