Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Question about different brands

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Question about different brands within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, sorry for the noob questions but I want to upgrade from 2GB (Mushkin 2x1GB) and I'm not sure what

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, sorry for the noob questions but I want to upgrade from 2GB (Mushkin 2x1GB) and I'm not sure what will work. I run Win 7 on 32-bit, and I understand that 3GB is the limit for that.

My memory card info:

Question 1: For a 3rd 1GB card, should I go with the same model for full performance (can't find it in local stores) or will any card with similar characteristics work?

Question 2: Seeing as they are quite cheap, is it not better to buy 2x1GB to have all 4 that my computer allows? Or maybe 1x2GB?

Any help is welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

At todays prices I go with 2 X 2 GB sticks . . Matched sticks will be the least problematic . . more than two sticks will cause problems in some motherboards
Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #3
Registered Member

Good answer, thanks a lot.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] C Shell programming - Very Simple Question
simple question for someone who know little C shell programming i am posting some code lines of my program ........ set gramma = $< else if ($gramma == 's') then echo " ta defterolepta pou menoun ine " secs_remain else if ($gramma ==...
konefsta Programming 2 04-11-2011 11:42 AM
PC-to-TV Question
Hey guys, I was thinking about playing certain games that use controllers on my PC and I don't own a console. I usually sit it my computer chair and play them with a controller, but I'd rather chill on my bed and play on my TV screen. I did a little research and found this. My only concern...
embreed Video Card Support 12 04-10-2011 05:51 PM
MSI GD53 Boot question.
I have a question, I'm not exactly having computer problems, just a strange occurence that I was wondering what it meant. I have the MSI P67A-GD53 Motherboard with an i5 2500k and 4gb G.Skill ram. When I power on my computer, I get a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left, and in...
heroman87 Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 3 04-09-2011 11:01 PM
Quick question about reinstalling windows & drivers
Hey guys just a quick and simple question... I have a laptop and I want to erase the hard drive completely (I know how) and reinstall my windows on it. I have backed up all the laptops essential drivers with DriverMax. Now here's my question.. Say I go about erasing the whole HD and...
skyhighyo Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 04-08-2011 05:52 PM
[SOLVED] Program files x86 question
Hello there, I just had a small question regarding 64 bit programs. I am using windows 7, 64 bit. I have 6 gigs of ram. I understand that "Program files" is where 64 bit applications are installed and the "Program files x86" is where 32 bit programs are installed(there might be more to it...
Shootingristar Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 01-28-2011 07:15 PM