Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] power supply tx850 moving from UK to Canada

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] power supply tx850 moving from UK to Canada within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys. I am going to be moving from the UK to Canada, my PC has a corsair tx850 installed

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 12:59 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi guys. I am going to be moving from the UK to Canada, my PC has a corsair tx850 installed and i want to take my tower with me, so I was wondering if the power supply can be switched from 220 -110v or do i need a new supply?

thanks

John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 01:04 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

"Universal AC input from 100~240V"
Just change the power lead that goes into the PSU ;)
It is an auto switching power supply so will detect the voltage being input and automatically switch to that.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #3
MPR
TSF Enthusiast

Any local electronics store will carry one, or you can order one from any online computer parts retailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 02:05 AM   #4
Registered Member

thanks for clearing that up guys.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Power Supply Tester
I have an Dell Optiplex 245, running windows 7. The PC kept shutting down with a BSOD memory dump till I upgrade the BIOS. So the memory dumps stopped. However, I replaced the Power Supply (MH300 275 watt) because the computer was very hot. I am not sure how to use a tester. I attached the old...
sparkletek RAM and Power Supply Support 8 04-09-2013 06:40 AM
[SOLVED] No power after pressing Power button.
Few weeks ago my Gateway DX4300 displayed a dialogue box that stated, "Your Computer has detected a Trojan Horse Virus, Shutting down." It then shut down, as the message stated it would. No Biggy...figured the computer was doing what it was meant to do upon a security threat. Well, after a few...
Chris Armstrong RAM and Power Supply Support 21 08-09-2012 04:17 PM
Computer freezes due to bad power supply?
Sorry if this is very similar to other posts. I have done my research and I believe my problem is due to a bad power supply, but I just want to confirm since the one I bought is known for being very reliable. I built my first computer about a year and a half ago, running Windows 7. Lately my...
weston_skye BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 05-20-2012 12:37 PM
Power Supply or Sudden overheating?
I recently bought a new power supply, Thermaltake TR2 600w (my previous being 400w) and I also got a new graphics card, ATI RadeonHD 4650. I bought these things mainly to play Starcraft II on Ultra Settings. When I did so, the recommended settings for SC II was medium, so I put ultra to test....
DanielHorus RAM and Power Supply Support 17 03-09-2011 03:19 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM