Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Need advice on how to connect a modular psu to a mobo

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Tyree 
#1 · (Edited)
hey guys ive just recently bought a new case and psu for my pc and im having trouble connecting the psu to the mobo and getting it to run correctly now the psu is a Novatech PowerStation Black Edition 750W Silent ATX2 Modular Power Supply and the mobo is part of an overclock bundle the mobo itself is an MSI G41M-P25 Intel® G41 Micro-ATX Motherboard which is part of this bundle Gladiator Pentium Dual Core 3.80GHz Pre-Built Overclocked Bundle and ive put it all into this case Coolermaster Storm Scout All-Black Midi Tower Gaming Case now the real issue is the psu doesnt have any molex connectors so i cant get any of the fans in the case running and i cant get the cpu cooler fan running either which is connected directly to the mobo, it all works fine with my old psu but it doesnt quite have enough power if anyone knows how to get this all connected that would be great.

and if anyone needs more info just ask.

thanks

#2 ·
Re: Need advice on how to connect a modular psu to a mobo

According to Novatech's website, you should have 4x 4 Pin Molex Peripheral Cables. Not sure why you have none. I don't think you can get a PSU yet without a Molex connector.

#3 ·

My first suggestion would be to return the Novatech PSU and get a good quality one.
That being said, Novatech's site says that PSU comes with
ATX 24 pin & 20 pin compatible x1
EPS/ATX12V 4+4 Pin CPU x1
EPS/ATX12V 8 Pin CPU x1
PCI-E 6+2 pin x4
SATA x6
4 Pin Molex Peripheral x4
Floppy x2

#4 ·

Just a quick question: If a PSU like the Novatech has a 80plus rating as stipulated on their website, shouldn't it in theory be quite good? What actually makes a "bad" power supply? I know I've got a good PSU, as Corsair is one of the best, just wondered about all the others out there.

#5 ·

Just a quick question: If a PSU like the Novatech has a 80plus rating as stipulated on their website, shouldn't it in theory be quite good? What actually makes a "bad" power supply? I know I've got a good PSU, as Corsair is one of the best, just wondered about all the others out there.
There is no regulated control over PSU ratings. Any manufacturer can claim any numbers they want.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f210/power-supply-information-and-selection-192217.html

#6 · (Edited)

80-plus is a rating of the AC to DC conversion efficiency of the supply. It is not an indication of its quality.

PS: Ecos does not list the Power Station 750 on their list of 80-Plus certified supplies, though the 400, 500 and 600 are.

#7 ·

Thanks for the insightful info regarding PSU's guys, much appreciated.

#9 ·

hey guys thanks for the advice found all the cables needed at the bottom of the box although they should have been in the bag =/ havnt had any issues with the psu its silent and has more than enough power to power my pc and gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.