Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Memory install

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Memory install within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello! I am install 4 sticks or ram to a motherboard thank has 8-slots in total, does it matter where

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello!

I am install 4 sticks or ram to a motherboard thank has 8-slots in total, does it matter where the ram sticks are installed?

Here is a link to the memory:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL - Newegg.com

Here is the link to my mother board:
ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

https://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...RTOOTH_X79.pdf

Thank you so very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
Registered Member

I believe you just need to install all 4 sticks of ram in the slots of the same color. So your 4 sticks will need to be inserted into either the Tan colored slots or the Brown colored slots.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_06 View Post
I believe you just need to install all 4 sticks of ram in the slots of the same color. So your 4 sticks will need to be inserted into either the Tan colored slots or the Brown colored slots.
Thank you! I was reading the manual and that is what I gather from it,too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2014, 07:24 PM   #4
Registered Member

No problem, happy to help!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Update acting weird!
I don't think this is a problem, more of a curiosity, hence posting here. If it turns out that it is a problem, I'll get someone to move it to the appropriate forum. Got a notification earlier that new updates are available. As you will see from the pics, "4 important updates available" but only...
Deejay100six Offline 13 04-09-2014 08:19 AM
[SOLVED] BF4 constantly bluescreens after ~7 minutes (Should I RMA?)
Hello, I just purchased a brand new Zotac GTX 680 2gb to replace my HD 6950 2gb. After I changed to GTX 680, Battlefield 4 started bluescreening after around 7 minutes of gameplay.I got it to bluescreen with 3Dmark Vantage for one time AFTER the test was already over but for example Furmark runs...
anarchy104 Video Card Support 8 12-24-2013 02:18 AM
[SOLVED] Problems with staying on line with all Browsers
Hi all, I have a Compaq Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002 Service Pk 3. I checked and it said I have 11.3 GB available. I have downloaded every single Browser, IE keeps saying low on memory, no memory at line 1, 10, 22 etc. freezes up on me & boots me off line.The rest of them seem to all say:...
JoJo62 Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 14 06-19-2013 07:43 AM
RDR File System?
Today i have started to get bsod. After opening my computer a RDR File System titled bsod is popping up. It is happening everytime i opened the computer but the last time i opened the computer, it has been working fine for half an hour. So i finally got a chance to post this thread. What is that...
Subterranean Windows XP Support 14 04-24-2013 06:02 PM
[RAM] Before You Buy Memory
Before you buy memory sticks we strongly advise you use a manufacturer that has a website memory configurator. Gone are the days when you can slap in any old memory stick as long as the specs match! Several motherboard models wont accept sticks that have memory "chips" on both sides of the...
linderman Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks 0 12-29-2006 07:37 AM