Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Fitting PSU - which way up?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Fitting PSU - which way up? within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, probably sounds like a stupid question but........ Ive just bought a OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro and fitted it,

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi there,

probably sounds like a stupid question but........

Ive just bought a OCZ 600W ModXStream Pro and fitted it, works great!.....but should the fan face down toward the inner case or up against the case top??

The PSU fits at the top of my case, not the bottom

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 05:21 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

My thinking is if it fits at the top and there is no vent above the PSU then it should face downwards. If there is a vent on the top of the case then it should face upwards.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:24 AM   #3
Enthusiast

My System

what jonny1982 said is correct.

The fan should not be blowing against metal so if the fan is at the top and there is no ventilation then the fan wont do its job and the psu will overheat and die
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 05:48 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thanks, thats what i thought, seems logical......its just i saw some dude on youtube demonstrating how to fit a psu and he faced the fan against the case!......didnt seem right to me so i fitted it with the fan facing the "open" inner of the case
Old 12-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #5
Emeritus

Your orientation is the correct. When using that PSU in a top mount case the fan should face down into the case.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
Registered Member

This is a great forum, lots of helpful people unlike some forums!.......have a great xmas everyone.....peace!
Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #7
Registered Member

My System

Thanks for the positive feedback Randomboy, we appreciate it. We strive to deliver the best advice for all fellow PC users and the like. Enjoy your Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search