Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Blank screen after bootup with new ram

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Blank screen after bootup with new ram within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I just bought a Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz stick of ram for my laptop. I removed the old ram

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi I just bought a Corsair 2GB DDR2 800MHz stick of ram for my laptop. I removed the old ram and put the new ram in without any issues, but as soon as the computer is on and after logging into a user the screen goes blank.

System:
Windows Vista SP2
2x512MB ram (old, but works)
Intel Core 2 Duo T5250 / 1.5 GHz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Emeritus

Model Number of the laptop?
Are you certain your laptop can use 2GB per slot?
OEM PC's can have compatibility problems so Crucial brand is usually advised to help insure compatibility. Using two sticks (matched pair) will also allow Dual Channel Mode and it's performance advantage.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
Registered Member

yeah its OEM :/
annoying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

what model laptop

Old 02-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #5
Registered Member

it works now!
i did absolutely nothing...
computer magic lol
Old 02-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
Emeritus

Glad you got it resolved.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Laptop screen blank only on boot
I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that is several years old. Coffee got spilled on the lower left hand side of the screen (a small amount that got into the crevice between the screen and the frame). There didn't seem to be any damage at first, but over the course of several days, a dark-colored area...
virtuesplea Laptop Support 23 02-19-2012 11:52 AM
Dell XPS 15 blank screen.
I have Dell XPS 15, (L501x) laptop. I dropped it today and then the screen turned off but the laptop was still on. I tired moving my mouse thinking that the screen would turn back on. Mt left mouse button on the mouse pad is jammed (cannot be pressed). Then I turned my laptop off by pressing the...
Sorop3 Laptop Support 4 02-14-2012 09:02 AM
Sony Vaio laptop has a blank screen
Hi, I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NS110E laptop and I'm having issues with it not allowing me to see anything at all. Here's the issue: I put it in sleep mode like I usually do before I went to bed one night and when I went to wake it up the next day, the screen was blank. I turned it off and turned it...
dreamypoppy Laptop Support 1 11-16-2011 12:46 PM
screen goes blank while watching online movies (Windows 7)
I have a Dell Inspiron 15R and is loaded with Windows 7 OS. I usually watch online movies. But after watching the movie for around 10 to 15 minutes, the movie window screen goes blank (white color) but the movie continues uninterrupted as I can hear the audio distinctly. The observation is that...
Private Ryan Video Card Support 6 10-02-2011 07:30 AM
Dell Inspiron 9300 blank screen @ startup
Dell Inspiron screen stays blank during bootup. I can hook up an external monitor and system is running fine. Problem was intermittent at first but I put laptop on a shelf once the screen stayed blank about 7 months ago. Now I'm trying to get it started again. Any ideas of where to start with the...
obsoleteatnew Laptop Support 3 01-04-2011 06:23 PM