Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

SDRAM to Sony Vaio VGN-FZ 19 upgrade to 4 Gb

This is a discussion on SDRAM to Sony Vaio VGN-FZ 19 upgrade to 4 Gb within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Can I upgrade the ram of My Laptop Sony Vaio VGN -FZ 19 from 2 Gb to 4 Gb The

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

Can I upgrade the ram of My Laptop Sony Vaio VGN -FZ 19 from 2 Gb to 4 Gb
The motherboard is ACPIx86 based PC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2018, 04:15 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Have you checked the Sony support page for your model it should give you some info on the spec.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:06 AM   #3
Visiting Tech

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Just ensure all are on the same page, your Sony does not use SDRAM. SDRAM (synchronous dynamic random access memory) was the type of memory commonly used before DDR (double data rate) RAM came out. According the specs I have found for the Sony VGN-FZ series of notebooks, it uses DDR2 - which, of course, replaced DDR.

That said, you need to be very specific on your model number as there are several in the VGN-FZ 19 series. And according to Crucial, this one (VGN-FZ19VN) only supports a maximum of 2GB.

Heat is the bane of all electronics!

───────────────────────────
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony Vaio VGN FZ35 Gn
Hello, I recently got the motherboard replaced for my sony vaio VGN FZ35gn Laptop. The laptop runs windows 7 32 bit. For first few days laptop ran properly and all of suddenly two three days back it hanged on windows logo while booting. To come out of the issue i selected repair...
Vishal11in Laptop Support 5 09-19-2015 01:45 AM
Slow computer, gmer bsod redux
Apparently I was too slow in responding, sorry about that. https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-runs-slow-gmer-prompts-bsod-603714.html If I could continue with the troubleshooting as described above, I would appreciate it. Here are the logs that were asked for on the 1st. ...
jerodgers9 Inactive Malware Help Topics 11 10-16-2011 09:41 PM
Nvidia Geforce 8400m Gt fix on Sony Vaio Vgn Ar520E
Recently I've had my Sony Vaio crash on me, not the O.S. but the graphics card. At power on, the VAIO logo would have colorful line running threw it. Well I found a temporary fix for this problem. YouTube - Sony Vaio VGN-Ar520E Graphics card repair. . Me fixing this problem, If you have any...
Damiand Windows XP Support 0 04-30-2011 07:04 PM
SVCHOST
Since I got this computer on Christmas I have been experiencing lag spike while using anything that uses internet. Skype, video games, servers, web browsers. I play games on a more competative level and its becoming more and more annoying. The issue is that I would lag for about 1-3 seconds...
damndionic360 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 8 03-23-2011 06:09 AM
VGX-TP1E Sony Vaio desktop CPU upgrade
Hi, Im new to this but i was looking for a few answers? I have a VGX-TP1E with the T5500 CPU and 1gb of RAM but it does run slow. I have been looking for upgrades and seen the maximum RAM is 2gb but i have read in a forum that they can handle 4gb but only 3.21 will register and the T5500 can...
wez123 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 1 01-13-2011 05:07 AM