Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

RESOLVED Compatible?

This is a discussion on RESOLVED Compatible? within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a few compatibility questions if someone can help. I just purchased this kingston kit: KVR400X64C3AK2/1G is a

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:25 AM   #1

Hello,
I have a few compatibility questions if someone can help. I just purchased this kingston kit:
KVR400X64C3AK2/1G is a kit of two 64M x 64-bit (512MB) CL3 DDR400 SDRAM (Synchronous DRAM) memory modules. Total kit capacity is 1GB (1024MB). The components on each module include sixteen 32M x 8-bit (8M x 8-bit x 4 Bank) DDR400 SDRAM in TSOP packages. Each 184-pin DIMM uses gold contact fingers and requires +2.6V.

I was just going to "pop it in" and see if it works, but I'd rather do things right the first time so I figured I would ask first if it's even compatible with my system. I did as much research as I could and still find myself being confused.
My system is custom built and the motherboard is a Jetway PM9MS here is the link to the specs https://www.jetway.com.tw/oldweb/evisn/product/p-4/pm9ms/spec.htm

Also, Can I add this to my existing 512mb memory if this is compatible or should I just replace the old one with these 2 new ones??

Thank you for your time,
Myst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to MaverickUK

Hi,

The memory you stated is compatible with your current motherboard; however we need to know the name, speed etc of your current installed module - in order for them to work problem-free you must match the speed, density, manufacturer and bandwith.

Nick.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:44 AM   #3

Hi Nick,
The name of the module that is currently installed is by Advance Modules. The PC is at home, but I had my husband read what he could to me and this is what we have so far. 64MX64DDR400 size 512MB
If this is not enough I will pull it myself tonight and list every number on it.

Thanks again,
Myst
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #4

I just read the specs on my motherboard again and again and realized that I only have 2 bays so I would have to remove the old module. No big deal there. I was really only looking to upgrade to 1g anyways, but I wanted them to match so I wouldn't have any issues. I guess the real question is since you have already determined it is compatible with my motherboard can I just remove the old one and put the 2 new ones in. And is there anything else I need to do?? Like configure anything in the bios?? Oh, and curiousity question why do some modules with PC3200 DDR400 say C3 or CL2.6 etc.?

Thanks again for your time,
Myst
Old 03-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #5

Hi Myst,

If you put it in, then there really isn't much chance of the RAM damaging the rest of the computer. The worst that could happen is that the motherboard won't support it, and it won't POST or it will just beep at you.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:53 AM   #6

Finally, My memory came in today. I also found the #'s on my old module and the new modules were exactly the same except the Brand name. Installed and working great!

Thank you both!
Myst
Old 03-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #7

You're welcome.
Closed Thread