Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

RAM Security Question

This is a discussion on RAM Security Question within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My understaning on RAM is that it basically provides "short term" memory and is useful with a number of windows

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

My understaning on RAM is that it basically provides "short term" memory and is useful with a number of windows open. If I remove my RAM and give them to someone else, who places them in their computer, is he/she going to get access to anything I was working on before removing them? For example, If I was writing a letter or working on a spreadsheet, can one see it? I'm assuming they can't because the root document is not on their hard-drive. Correct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2007, 04:51 AM   #2

They cannot see your documents. Data stored in RAM is lost as soon as the computer is turned off.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:44 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks! Glad to know I don't have to reinstall and remove stuff!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Annoying IE Pop-up, IE Log posted
Hey everyone... I keep getting Internet explorer pop-ups (IEXPLORER.EXE keeps running in background as well) even though I use Firefox. Scanned for all spyware using Ad-Aware, Spybot. Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 5:54:13 PM, on 2/19/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT...
njhokie2002 Resolved HJT Threads 11 02-21-2007 08:31 PM
Sudden surge of Malware (anti-windows updates?) found by Xoftspy. 4 of 5 steps done.
Recently Sygate Personal Firewall came up with a message asking to allow a site that came out of nowhere, not thinking I allowed it to open, and here's the kicker, I clicked the "remember my choice" button. Now that makes me feel stupid (I'd looked into the log for Sygate but couldn't figure out...
Dimeuno Inactive Malware Help Topics 51 10-23-2006 11:42 AM
Please check my post for nicdan (TexRanger)[Resolved]
Please check my post for nicdan (TexRanger) https://www.techsupportforum.com/showthread.php?t=112374 Hi nicdan, Please read this post completely before begining the fix. If there's anything that you do not understand, please ask your questions before proceeding. Please ensure that...
TexRanger Resolved Back Me Up Threads 9 08-18-2006 10:57 AM
Good old pop-up
Hello. Posting this one on behalf of brother who is still rather new to this. As soon as he starts surfing he gets hit with pop-ups trying to redirect to other destinations. (i.e bigdiscountbuy.com/normal/yyy102.html) (health-yshopping.com/normal/yyy102.html) Plus a few others. I have run many...
amadcap5 Inactive Malware Help Topics 12 01-31-2006 02:01 AM
IE 90% CPU Usage
Please Help Me! When booting my computer my desk top opens with wall paper only. No program folders appearon my desk top. The task bar does not load. The only way for me to get around is via Task Manager. I keep getting all kinds of spy ware and loading of ie windows. I have run spy doctor,...
DrLock Resolved HJT Threads 28 05-29-2005 12:04 AM