Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > RAM and Power Supply Support

User Tag List

RAM recognition problems. Help!!!!

This is a discussion on RAM recognition problems. Help!!!! within the RAM and Power Supply Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi. I have an IBM T22 thinkpad, P3 , 535MHz Over the past couple of weeks my computer developed the

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #1

Hi. I have an IBM T22 thinkpad, P3 , 535MHz
Over the past couple of weeks my computer developed the infamous blue screen syndrome, where for no apparent reason the blue screen shows up with some error message and attributes it to a recently installed hardware or software. From research I figured it was the RAM going bad so I purchased two 126Mb Kingston RAM. My computer originally came with a 256Mb RAM, however, it had two slots for the memory so I figured I could use two 128Mb RAMs for both slot. The problem I am having is that the computer only recognises 128Mb, which means it's only recognizing one of the two RAMs.
When I pulled one of the memories out and turn the pc on it keeps beeping. The same happens when I switch the memory cards and this happening on only one slot. I am guess either that slot is faulty or i am not installing it properly. Anybody have any idea or advise as to what I should do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2007, 01:22 AM   #2
Registered Member

Your other RAM slot could be faulty the chances are 90% that its faulty it could be that your fitting of the RAM is wrong and that could have led to the wreckage of the ram slot.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serious Problems with Games
Hey everyone, Y'all are really my last hope, and I really hope that you can help me. Here is my system (I will post DxDiag at the end): Nvidia GeForce 7800GS 256MB Overclocked 3.0Ghz P4 Processor 2GB DDR RAM
horkrat Windows XP Support 3 04-08-2007 10:36 AM
'89 Corsica Backfires
My '89 Corsica backfires. What is wrong? ARG!!
arunforce Automotive Support 7 07-12-2005 04:03 PM
Athlon 64 / MSI K8T Neo2-FIR RAM Problems
I just put together a (basically) new system last night with the following components: Athlon 64 3200+ (Socket 939, 90nm) MSI K8T Neo2-FIR (Via KT800Pro, Socket 939) 2x512MB Mushkin Basic PC3200 DIMMs and the rest is unimportant. This motherboard has 2 banks (A/B) for RAM, and to run...
rbgrn Motherboards, Bios|UEFI & CPU 7 01-15-2005 01:52 PM
RAM upgrade problems
ok... i have recently bought some more RAM for my computer as i originaly had only 256mb and i play alot of games so i bought a 512mb stick to upgrade this my mother board supports 3gb of ram.. on installing the second stick of ram it would only recognize the RAM in DIMM 0 or the first slot but...
Adam2004 Other Hardware Support 0 10-10-2004 10:56 AM
RAM problems
Hello, I recently purchased 2 Kingston 256MB PC133 SDRAM for a friend of mine. His mobo specs indicated it would support 256MB PC133, but Dell wanted to sell him the chips for $80 bucks a piece, so I bought it online for $35 each. I tried to install the RAM for him, but his PC would not...
Jordan Other Hardware Support 6 07-04-2003 09:17 AM